Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    okay, so ive known this guy for a few years now (he was in my year at school)
    nothing happened at school but then one night we were at my friends at uni and we go together (we done everything but sex)
    after that we text, phone called all the time and met up when we were home a couple of times and again done everything but sex. this lasted 3 or 4 months.
    then we just kind of stopped getting in touch, then i stayed with him at his uni and again we done everything but sex.
    now we just speak occasionally, on the phone or text sometimes. But we are both off uni for a while now so are going home and drunkenlly on the phone a few weeks ago we discussed meeting up for sex! my body is saying one thing but my mind is saying another! i really want too but i dont know if its the best idea.. help!

ReputationRep:
    beware of emotional attachment to the guy.... sounds like it's been alright so far but once you do have sex with him things could change, plus can you trust him to keep his mouth shut??

don't know about you but i wouldn't want the kind of rep sometimes associated with 'just sex' relationships..

ReputationRep:
    as long as you're both on the same page, its fine, ie both agree its just a 'friends with benefits' thing, or both agree to see where it goes dating wise. but if you want different things, it won't end well.

ReputationRep:
    As long as you both know what you want and what not to expect, go for it, but dont get too attached

ReputationRep:
    "just sex" relationships can be very very fun. Just make sure youre on the pill or something as youll find condoms can be tedious at times, you might run out and in the heat of the moment youre dying for him to be inside you ha, and he'll be saying he can pull out before he orgasms. Temptation is a powerful thing, the pill/whaever is better than the morning after pill.

ReputationRep:
    You have to know that you will not get jealous. Easier said than done.

When someone wants this kind of arrangement it is often because they don't want a person taking up too much of their time and they want to be able to see other people. If he's seeing several girls at the same time, it obviously also makes it less likely that he develops feelings. If he is the only guy you are sleeping with, you run the risk of thinking too much about him. You should date freely and see other people just like he is.

Discuss these things beforehand to make it clear where you stand.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.