The Student Room Group

Ready to ask a girl out...

I'm just kind of having a bit of a mentality crisis here. The problem isn't asking her I already kinda have it all planned out and i'm just waiting to see her next to ask her.

But i recently found out that a friend of mine is also kinda interested and has been talking to her a bit as well.

I'm just wondering...I really like her and we seem to click pretty well which is why i'm thinking about asking her out for a proper meeting since we didn't speak in person much.

Would i be a bad person to wanna proceed with asking her out? My mate doesn't seem too sympathetic my end either so i assume he's considering it too, but i honestly feel i'm more likely to make the first move - it's just a bit of a downer that it came down to my friend liking her as well - wasn't expecting that to spring up !

By the way...she'll be the first girl I ask out and also if all works out well between us - first girlfriend so try and understand why i'm not too eager to let this go ; thanks :smile:

tl;dr? (i think that's what it is) ANYWAY summary: I like a girl and was ready to ask her out but found out a friend is interested as well - am i a bad person for wanting to go along with it regardless?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump? :s
Reply 2
Not at all selfish. I say go for it. What happens happens at the end of the day.
Reply 3
Go for it. You might regret not trying.
Don't do it if your name is Aidan. Choose another name before proceding.
Reply 5
Original post by AidanKD
I'm just kind of having a bit of a mentality crisis here. The problem isn't asking her I already kinda have it all planned out and i'm just waiting to see her next to ask her.

But i recently found out that a friend of mine is also kinda interested and has been talking to her a bit as well.

I'm just wondering...I really like her and we seem to click pretty well which is why i'm thinking about asking her out for a proper meeting since we didn't speak in person much.

Would i be a bad person to wanna proceed with asking her out? My mate doesn't seem too sympathetic my end either so i assume he's considering it too, but i honestly feel i'm more likely to make the first move - it's just a bit of a downer that it came down to my friend liking her as well - wasn't expecting that to spring up !

By the way...she'll be the first girl I ask out and also if all works out well between us - first girlfriend so try and understand why i'm not too eager to let this go ; thanks :smile:

tl;dr? (i think that's what it is) ANYWAY summary: I like a girl and was ready to ask her out but found out a friend is interested as well - am i a bad person for wanting to go along with it regardless?

Go for it before your friend does it's obviously he's going to make a move soon.
No, it's a race! :bl:
Go get her before the other mofo does!
may the best man win
Reply 9
Haha thanks for the support :smile: Name hating? I could have been a coward and gone anonymous could i have not? :wink:

To be fair he's never been one to make a move and I was the same but I feel now is the time for me to shine and get out of this rock of a shell i've been hiding in and get out of the comfort zone :wink:

Was on the phone with a mate who was interested hah and reminded me how there's nothing to lose.

I will try as soon as I can get in touch* she's not coming online hah getting really anxious it's killing me :wink: go figure!!

Aiden Grimshaw? different name :P I figure my 1 letter difference in my name should make a difference - even if everyone spells it aiden haha
(edited 13 years ago)
She isn't some object you can just generously give to your mate as an act of chivalry. If she likes him, she will reject you. If she accepts you, she didn't want him. Simples.
If you were open about liking her first and are further along in your relationship with this girl totally ask her out :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Jellybean91
If you were open about liking her first and are further along in your relationship with this girl totally ask her out :smile:

It's only been a couple days but I figure at least asking her out, a yes means she's interested and we can get to know each other etc I can't hold back the one time in life i have an opportunity :wink:

@JCC wise words...thanks again for the input :smile:
To be honest the only way this can be settled is if you and your friend have a knife fight to the death whilst crackheads spectate. That way no-one gets hurt (emotionally) and the crackheads get something to feed on that night.

Be careful though, crackheads are like pidgeons, after you feed them once they always come back for more.
Dude if there's another guy in this he's quite clearly going to show you up for the loser you are so forget about asking her out and take care of the real problem. Go take that guy out right now. I understand you are not experienced but that's the number one rule when it comes to dating, take out the competition (permanently), it's so fundamental even the lions know it.
Reply 15
haha love the two sadistic comments...can just imagine me going up to her with blood on my hands...:

"I LOVE YA !!! I DID IT FOR YOU !!!"
Original post by ForeverGold
His name was the only reason why I clicked on this post :ahee: Maybe because I started thinking about Aidan from the X factor :teeth:

Very bad. You get neg Vader rep.
Original post by TheRealDarthVader
Very bad. You get neg Vader rep.

:cry: :cry2: :emo: I know where I am not wanted I gave you positive rep as well :getmecoat:
Original post by AidanKD

I will try as soon as I can get in touch* she's not coming online hah getting really anxious it's killing me :wink: go figure!!

Ooh, tell us what she says when you've asked her! :smile: I mean, you can't leave us hanging can you :wink:
Reply 19
To you and your friend: "Brothers before potential mothers."

That is unless he's not a good friend and more of an acquaintance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending