Turn on thread page Beta

Why do ex-boyfriends never want to speak to you again? watch

So me and my ex broke up ages ago- just cos we grew apart.
    But why does he not want to speak to me again?

ReputationRep:
    Easier to move on and not have old feelings re-surface.

ReputationRep:
    Wants to move on?

Why would any guy want to speak to a girl who made them fel bad or treated them like **** towards the end of a relationship? They're no longer a friend if they do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So me and my ex broke up ages ago- just cos we grew apart.
    But why does he not want to speak to me again?
    WHY is that not obvious to you?.....People like to MOVE ON!

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I speak to all but one of my ex girlfriends. In your case he probably wants space away from you, and to move on. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    my ex of 3.5 years doesn't talk to me, couldn't care less tbh. hes a coward..leading me on for 4 months whilst he was with another girl. i deserve better!

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the relationship/the guy.

I wouldn't take it personally, maybe he just wants to move on?

ReputationRep:
    Loads of reasons:
    - She hurt him
    - He hurt her and he's a douche
    - He hurt her and feels guilty
    - Just wants to move on with life and doesnt want to be reminded of it

ReputationRep:
    its a lot easier to just cut ties when youre trying to move on

ReputationRep:
    Better question; why do girls always want to remain friends after the break-up? (if you can generalise, then so can I )

Srsly though (with regards to what I've just said), my last girlfriend was really confused as to why I hated my previous girlfriend despite me telling her over and over again what happened between us :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Because men are rubbish. I'm thinking lesbianism is the way forward- who's with me?

Why would any guy want to speak to a girl who made them fel bad or treated them like **** towards the end of a relationship? They're no longer a friend if they do that.
    Hmm, or maybe they are just embarrassed or feel ashamed because they caused the relationship to end in a bad way?

It's not just girls who cause the relationship to end. Why do you think it's mainly because the girl is bad? :P

You are anon, probably because you arent brave enough to let people know you wrote the comment. I will be anon, too so you don't know who are saying this to you. :P

Hmm, or maybe they are just embarrassed or feel ashamed because they caused the relationship to end in a bad way?

It's not just girls who cause the relationship to end. Why do you think it's mainly because the girl is bad? :P

You are anon, probably because you arent brave enough to let people know you wrote the comment. I will be anon, too so you don't know who are saying this to you. :P
    I've stayed in contact with others and not with some reason being that towards the end of the relationship, despite trying to make things work, they threw it back in my face. Being objective here and placing gender aside, who would honestly want to be friends with somebody like that?

And, I'm anon because I used to date a few girls who used this site and we're no longer in touch (TSR girls + TSR boys = bad mix). It'd be quite awkward to throw this into their faces.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Some do but it depend on how the relationship ended... if you grew apart i should think the answer is obvious why you guys don't talk any more.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it would be really awkward and humans naturally want to avoid awkward situations.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know? Why do ex-girlfriends not want to talk to guys again?

ReputationRep:
    I speak to my ex all the time. I guess it depends on the circumstances of the break up. Maybe he still has feelings for you and needs to distance himself from you in order to move on, that is perfectly understandable.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my ex are still good friends...Its a personal choice more than anything OP, easier to move on, "out of sight, out of mind" kind of thing....

ReputationRep:
    My ex lied, cheated, and broke up with me for another girl and yet he's still trying to contact me. It's been 6 almost 7 months (still with the girl) and I want to move on. It seems as soon as I do (talking to a guy atm) he pops and calls or texts me. His friend tells him what he can about what's going on in my life, I believe.

Basically told him to leave me alone and that I hope he's happy in life and all that crap. Thought it was finally done and over with and...then today he texted me 'What's up?' :facepalm:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.