Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

hello all im new to the forum and just wanted to ask, is going to halls in jordanstown for first year a big mistake? My freinds say theyre definitely getting a house because its far better craic., so are there any big disadvantages of living in halls?

The only downside to halls at J-town as far as I could see, is the fact that it's so far out of the city, but if you're organizing a night out taxi fare isn't so bad if you split it between a few of you.

A house is better craic because there's so much more freedom, not like in halls, but there's also a lot more you need to worry about.. like heating and electric bills not to mention your bus fare our to J-town. Also, you have to think about the area you want to live in. I lived in the holy lands in my first year and hated it because of some pretty ****ty neighbours who pretty much trashed our flats. Stranmillis is a brilliant place to live, nicer houses and everything but just a wee bit further to walk for the J-town bus stop!

It really all depends on what you want to get out of the uni experience. Hope this helps a bit!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.