Turn on thread page Beta

Going from long hair to short (Curly/Mens) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

These are a couple of images of my hair to give you guys an idea.

It's been long for about 2 years now, and I'm really getting sick of it . It's big, it grows 'out' instead of 'down' and is just generally boring me

I'm really stuck for ideas about what to do if i get it cut short/shorter :/
    i.e how short, what sort of style to have etc. i've looked at plenty of pictures and stuff but nothing seems to jump out at me... D;

Any ideas? :]

ReputationRep:
    Looks like you have a pretty similar hair type to me, and I ended up getting the irons on it to see what it looked like long and straight. Kept it like that for like 3 years now. Pain in the arse to maintain but kinda cool, maybe worth a go if you can be bothered xD

ReputationRep:
    haha i used to do that before i left it to go curly

trust me, it's not worth the effort

ReputationRep:
    Profesh?

ReputationRep:
    Profresh? Wut?

ReputationRep:
    But it's loooovely :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Something where you keep the curls on top but short at the side? Like this?

No idea if it's your style but I do love it and it would be a shame to totally get rid of your curls :')

EDIT: Tried to embed the picture but it made it huge so thought I'd just post the link

ReputationRep:
    i love this hair! keepitkeepitkeepit!

keep it!

ReputationRep:
    sorry for not replying - kinda forgot about this thread...i've still not gotten rid of it, i'm planning to in a couple of weeks but i seriously don't know how to have it, HALP!

ReputationRep:
    but OMG that is a totally fricking cool hairstyle by post #7, i might actually consider that, damn!

ReputationRep:
    Jewfro?
    Or this:

Only kidding, but the one in post 7 will looks great I'm sure

ReputationRep:
    LOL.

I'm gonna get it done this thursday, however i'm gonna have my hair a leeeetle longer on the sides than in post 7, for fear of looking like a gippo (no racism intended..)

will post results!

ReputationRep:
    :coma::coma:[QUOTE=anoif_;30757413]Something where you keep the curls on top but short at the side? Like this?

He is so hott :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbajobb)
    LOL.

I'm gonna get it done this thursday, however i'm gonna have my hair a leeeetle longer on the sides than in post 7, for fear of looking like a gippo (no racism intended..)

will post results!
    Ah you're going for it Hope it all goes well!

ReputationRep:
    I sure am! By then it'll be short enough/not too much of it to straighten, so if it looks terrible and I look like a gippo i can always do that ;D

ReputationRep:
    I sure am! By then it'll be short enough/not too much of it to straighten, so if it looks terrible and I look like a gippo i can always do that ;D
    Haha, well hopefully it goes okay and you don't look like a gypsy

ReputationRep:
    Guys I've totally pussied out, my hairdresser suggested that i pin my hair back and short so it looks like the style, and I totally look like a gypsy. My haircut is on thursday and i now don't know what to do D;

HALP

ReputationRep:
    Guys I've totally pussied out, my hairdresser suggested that i pin my hair back and short so it looks like the style, and I totally look like a gypsy. My haircut is on thursday and i now don't know what to do D;

HALP
    Sorry about my irrevevant post before, it was no help to the actual thread. I must say though that I actually think the style would suit you!! because if you look at that model, you are not THAT far off in looks..e.g-same face shape. I think you should go for it and its common to back out at the last minute but at the end of the day a change is always good..AND YOUR HAIR WILL GROW BACK.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh i guess D:

i've just had a shower and done the whole swept back lion look, doesn't look half bad, now idk whether to get it cut short at all! D:

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh i guess D:

i've just had a shower and done the whole swept back lion look, doesn't look half bad, now idk whether to get it cut short at all! D:
    I must say, I think your hair looks great in the pics above and if you really need to do something about it then Post 7's pic is the way to go. Either ways, you'd still be cute.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 31, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.