Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which has a better nightlife - Exeter or Bath? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Which has a better nightlife? I've been out in Exeter because my friend goes there, but am going to Bath next year and would love to know (and hope that) is the nightlife better? How does it compare? I thought Exeter was far too quiet but a nice town, the same as what Bath seems to be, but Bath seems slightly livelier... but I don't know.

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend goes to uni in Bath, so I am there quite often. Bath seems to be known as a town that is quiet, but I reckon that is because it is overshadowed by much larger neighbouring Bristol. I actually find the nightlife to be pretty good. Defintely wouldn't call it dead.

ReputationRep:
    Bath is a lot more lively than Exeter. Exeter is a smaller city and has few clubs. Bath has slightly more clubs (better ones too) and more pubs and music events. Exeter is dull, but like you said, a nice small city. Plus, Bath is like 15mins from Bristol which has amazing nightlife. Exeter is near, well, nowhere. I think they even get buses to Bristol or Plymouth which takes something like 1/2 hours.

ReputationRep:
    Exeter is alright the nightlife is not as good as big cities but its about half hour away from plymouth on the train and thats only a couple of quid. I dont know what bath is like but exeter is small but you find its busy when you go out to the main clubs on different nights which can be really good nights out because it is mainly students that go out. Also its close to the beach which when its sunny is pritty sweet.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.