The Student Room Group

What do guys think?

Hey,

Im a girl that wants to wait for marriage to have sex (due to the standard I was brought up). Do guys prefer girls to wait or not?
You probably need to find a guy that has the same views. Nowadays, most people in the Uk at least, don't wait until marriage anymore. Therefore a lot of guys will want sex to be an aspect of a relationship. However, there will be some guys (probably religious) who are also waiting.
Reply 2
Guys usually don't prefer them to wait, but I'm sure you will find a guy who is patient enough.
Reply 3
If you get hold of a horny ****er he might not like to wait for marriage. If you find someone who likes you and is not only interested in sex then you'll be fine. There's plenty of people who will wait though.
Reply 4
I would love to end up marrying a virgin. I am not one and don't plan on finding a girl now and waiting till we get married to have sex but I would love to find one later on in life.
What?! I voice my views about sex within marriage and end up slated for it, yet someone goes Anon about it and doesn't even get neg rep at all?? :confused:

OP, don't worry, there will be a guy out there who would be willing to wait too - you just have to stick to your guns and not cave in to peer pressure :smile:
If the guy/girl likes you for you theyd wait. If they're not willing to wait, they're not worth it.
Original post by ~*Horse_Mad*~
What?! I voice my views about sex within marriage and end up slated for it, yet someone goes Anon about it and doesn't even get neg rep at all?? :confused:

OP, don't worry, there will be a guy out there who would be willing to wait too - you just have to stick to your guns and not cave in to peer pressure :smile:

Were you all preachy about it though?

It really pisses me off when you get self-righteous pricks acting all smug telling people how to live their lives.

As for the question I couldn't wait. Sex is too important for me and I'd find it off putting being with someone who sees sex as such a big thing. To me it's just something enjoyable to do but nothing more.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by moaty...it's gazza
Were you all preachy about it though?

It really pisses me off when you get self-righteous pricks acting all smug telling people how to live their lives.

Well I didn't mean to be, though I guess it perhaps came across that way - oops :redface:
Thing is though, why should I deserve to be slated for making a choice, after all, my choice affects my potential partner and I - not the world :tongue: lol.
I don't like it, no. But if everybody was the same, we'd get tired of each other. Each to their own
Reply 10
Yes.
I'd wait providing we did other stuff or it'll just be to boring? idk:idontknow:
Original post by ~*Horse_Mad*~
Well I didn't mean to be, though I guess it perhaps came across that way - oops :redface:
Thing is though, why should I deserve to be slated for making a choice, after all, my choice affects my potential partner and I - not the world :tongue: lol.

Most people dont care about what other people make as their life choices, they just dont like being expected to want the same. Btw I haven't read the post you were talking about but that's my guess as to why you got slated.
Original post by moaty...it's gazza
Most people dont care about what other people make as their life choices, they just dont like being expected to want the same. Btw I haven't read the post you were talking about but that's my guess as to why you got slated.

Yeah, tbh it's my guess too :tongue: lol. Though to be fair, I don't go neg repping ppl for disagreeing with me, or even for having a different view - I don't see why I deserve such disrespect :tongue:
It's ok though, I can stand up for myself :wink:
Reply 14
Prefer? No. However, any guy truly worth your time would wait.

Personally, I'd have to feel like I have a very strong connection with someone to consider it. It's not something I would rule out on the spot but you'd have to be something special.
Reply 15
Original post by JmJtr
I would love to end up marrying a virgin. I am not one and don't plan on finding a girl now and waiting till we get married to have sex but I would love to find one later on in life.

Why? What's so special about virgins.
Reply 16
i'm a guy and i wasn't brought up the same as you, however if i really liked the girl then it wouldn't matter, i wait for her to feel ready. neither a turn on r turn off :smile: if anyting could be better :smile:
Well.I'm not religious at all or anything,in fact I'm agnostic.I'm a girl too,and I want to wait till marriage,and if not then only when things are super serious or something.Like extra committed and all.The right one.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending