Turn on thread page Beta

Why do you reckon British, French and Italian cars often tend to be unreliable? watch

ReputationRep:
    I blame british mechanics, not british cars. When someone can over tighten the fan belt to the point that the shaft to the water pump snaps you know you shouldnt be a mechanic.

But then hey, why the heck would you need a water pump when in the sahara dessert? surely its just extra weight.

ReputationRep:
    I live quite close to a sports car dealer, and I must say ferrari are probably at the dirt bottom of the reliability scale.

These things have their batteries go flat in the showroom if they aren't driven for roughly over a week. Even the newer models like the 599GTO and 458!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iorek)
    Opels aren't exactly known to be reliable
    Yup, because nowadays Opel uses exactly the same models as Vauxhall, an originally British company :rofl:. Even when German cars are unreliable, it can be tracked back to someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
    Yup, because nowadays Opel uses exactly the same models as Vauxhall, an originally British company :rofl:. Even when German cars are unreliable, it can be tracked back to someone else.
    I think you mean GM.

ReputationRep:
    German cars arent always as reliable as their reputation credits. The amount of problems bmw's encounter is becoming quite phenomenal. not to mention the oil flaps on the 535d's etc. the difference is the high level of customer service that usually goes into sorting it..

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.