Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which do you prefer... (Food and Coffee poll) watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Which do you prefer? (food and coffee poll)
    Starbucks
    36.61%
    Pret
    15.18%
    Costa
    31.25%
    Caffe Nero
    12.50%
    EAT.
    6.25%
    Greggs
    32.14%
    PAUL
    0.89%

ReputationRep:
    The coffee from Greggs is actually very nice in my experience. They use Fairtrade whole coffee beans, and their coffees are about half the price of places like Starbucks and Costa. Sure, you don't get the fancy Italian name of cup sizes, or bucket-sized cups, or things like frappacinos or skinny *insert name of coffee here* etc., but for the basic coffees (espresso, latte, cappucino, long black etc.) Greggs is well worth a visit. The food is lovely too (the sandwiches are freshly made every morning and throughout the day if the main ones run out too soon.) My favourites were always the chicken, bacon and sweetcorn bloomers, the baguettes with chicken, pesto, rocket and sundried tomatoes in, the chargrilled chicken rolls (honey & mustard mayo, lettuce, cucumber, tomato and chargrill chicken) and the tuna crunch bloomers. Once again, they're all much cheaper than the ones at Starbucks etc., and in my experience they're much tastier as well.

ReputationRep:
    Starbucks- hot chocolate is sickly but their blueberry cheesecake is divine
    Costa- coffee is the best, paninis are good too
    Cafe Nero- white chocolate mocha, hot chocolate milano, pastries are the best out of any coffee shop

For food you can't beat Greggs for price!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    You should let your tea brew longer.
    I shall go stew myself some tea and try it.

I've only ever tried my parents' tea before. And some icky raspberry crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    I shall go stew myself some tea and try it.

I've only ever tried my parents' tea before. And some icky raspberry crap.
    Well I like my tea to be a darker brown and if you take less sugar you actually get to taste the tea. In the summer I drink black tea. V refreshing if iced and add lemon.

The only herbal tea I can handle is peppermint, and I prefer proper mint tea (with actual mint leaves) & brown sugar anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I can't choose, it depends on what I want to buy. I have never heard of PAUL though.

ReputationRep:
    Out of these, we only have Starbucks here in Austria.

ReputationRep:
    Greggs' yumyums :coma: so good. And Pret a Manger, I love their Tuna Baguettes, expensive though

ReputationRep:
    Well I like my tea to be a darker brown and if you take less sugar you actually get to taste the tea. In the summer I drink black tea. V refreshing if iced and add lemon.

The only herbal tea I can handle is peppermint, and I prefer proper mint tea (with actual mint leaves) & brown sugar anyway.
    I have made some tea. How much milk would you recommend?

I have made my mum some too, I am the best son.

ReputationRep:
    I have made some tea. How much milk would you recommend?

I have made my mum some too, I am the best son.
    A dash of milk is all you need. (well ok just a lil teeny bit)

Well look in google images, I'd say the majority of those is about right for colour.

You are in the good books now, providing of course your Mum got a Mother's Day card?

ReputationRep:
    A dash of milk is all you need. (well ok just a lil teeny bit)

Well look in google images, I'd say the majority of those is about right for colour.

You are in the good books now, providing of course your Mum got a Mother's Day card?

I most certainly did. And fudge, and flowers, and I cooked roast beef

None of my other siblings got her a card though, except my little sister who made one at pre-school.

I didn't like the tea much though.

ReputationRep:
    Starbucks! I don't care for the coffee, but I love their tea/muffins/cookies/etc.

ReputationRep:
    I most certainly did. And fudge, and flowers, and I cooked roast beef

None of my other siblings got her a card though, except my little sister who made one at pre-school.

I didn't like the tea much though.
    Ooh very nice, and you're clearly the favourite child too (apart from your lil sis but that was obvious anyway)

Hmmm perhaps your tea making skills are poor? I make the best

ReputationRep:
    Starbucks. Nothing beats being able to sit in there for hours with a good book, a cinnamon swirl, and an iced caramel macchiato.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh very nice, and you're clearly the favourite child too (apart from your lil sis but that was obvious anyway)

Hmmm perhaps your tea making skills are poor? I make the best
    Send me some to try?

ReputationRep:
    All the major coffee chains are overrated in my opinion but I voted for Cafe Nero because the one I go to is in a nice location and I can just sit in there for hours!

ReputationRep:
    Gregg's, simply because its open at 3am when the one thing you need more than anything else in the world is three hot chicken bakes. How can Star****s even attempt to compete with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ventura7)
    why come on this thread then?
    you can get tea at a few of the place in the poll... thats why i go there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    you can get tea at a few of the place in the poll... thats why i go there
    yeah but the thread title was coffee not tea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananabrain)
    I love greggs
    Good to know

I work in greggs so happy to know a lot of people like it from this poll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acapella_x)
    Good to know

I work in greggs so happy to know a lot of people like it from this poll.
    it's awesome, this time last year we had none in Exeter and now we have two, one of which is about a minute from my work

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.