Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which do you prefer... (Food and Coffee poll) watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Which do you prefer? (food and coffee poll)
    Starbucks
    36.61%
    Pret
    15.18%
    Costa
    31.25%
    Caffe Nero
    12.50%
    EAT.
    6.25%
    Greggs
    32.14%
    PAUL
    0.89%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ventura7)
    yeah but the thread title was coffee not tea
    i'm sure most people wouldn't mind if all i do is state that i prefer tea to coffee.

ReputationRep:
    I should start by saying I make daily trips to these cafes so I'm in a good position to judge thoroughly lol.

On the whole, EAT is probably my favourite. Their Mango Blast is so amazing, plus they have very imaginative salads and a changing menu. The decor is very cool but they are often crowded due to the relatively cheap coffee that attracts lots of people.

PAUL are my favourites in the summer when they make the most heavenly drink: pistachio macaroon frappe. Nothing comes close to this, and they also have some of the best gourmet sandwiches (the Provencale is one to be reckoned with), though getting hold of them can be a challenge after lunchtime. I do hate their stores, they are cramped and dimly-lit, and the staff can be on the pretentious side so I usually take out my order.

Starbucks is a good 'all-rounder' and their ubiquity means I probably end up visiting them a lot more than others due to convenience and proximity. The wide range of good drinks means it doesn't get boring but their food really could do with an overhaul.

Pret is what I consider food-only. They really don't have any decent drinks but their food more than makes up for it, so I always choose to take away. I like their stores in general but I wish they'd give out more napkins!

Costa have excellent drinks but their food isn't really up to scratch, particularly desserts. I wish they didn't take away their Frescatos during the Christmas season though, it annoys me year after year. I like the fact many of their stores are quite spacious and I often choose Costa when meeting with people leisurely rather than a hurried lunch.

Caffe Nero is an odd one, though it could just be my unlucky experience. They always seem to be running out of the popular beverages and food, but recently their food menu has been majorly improved and I'm thoroughly impressed with the range of choices now offered.

(I've never bought anything from Greggs, nor do I intend to)

There are other less well-known cafes I like, such as Apostrophe, whose juices and breads make them unique and quirky, but on the whole I stick to the more commonplace ones.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as how i've only ever been to Greggs to consume something for myself, the answer is obviously, Greggs.

Butterless cobs and walkers crisps with coke, can't be beaten.

From that place, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    We recently got a Costa in my town. I didn't realise the Iced Caramel Lattes were so yummy.

I heard recenty that Starbucks is on its way out, but I can't believe that.

ReputationRep:
    Greggs hot food
    Starbucks coffee
    Cafe Nero chocolate cake

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Caramel Cream Frappuccino man myself (Always Large)

So Starbucks... Although for food I prefer Eat

ReputationRep:
    Costa definitely. I like Starbucks and Pret for certain things but Costa are definitely best overall - most things from there I love!

ReputationRep:
    costaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.