Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Feel stressed, need to feel better watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When I was at school I hated it, I took off every day I could. Let's just say people aren't the nicest around that age. I came out of school with no decent GCSE, D's, Es etc.

I went to college to do a IT course because I had a big interest in computers, this was level 1. It's kinda embarrassing doing a level one course but I did it and moved onto level 2. I completed level 2 and moved onto the BTEC National Diploma.

I'm currently towards the end of the BTEC National Diploma but am now having a lot of stress.

I have to take functional skills in maths to get the qualification. I was put in for level 1 functional skills and failed it. I feel pretty retarded about that. I didn't learn many maths techniques at school and it doesn't help that functional skills in incredibly confusing.

What's worse however, is that I need level 2 in functional skills to get into University. Which to be honest I doubt I can do.

I wasn't sure about going to University in the first place but now it seems I wont be for sure.

So, I have a few questions:

Any hope for me with a BTEC National diploma in IT?
    Anyone else done functional skills? Thoughts?

Sorry for the novel.

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicodin

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen the Khan Academy website? It has lots of maths videos, from basic to advanced stuff; it might help you with that at least.

Good luck and try not to give up! It'll be hard but I'm sure you can pull through!

ReputationRep:
    Heroin?

ReputationRep:
    you just need to buckle down and put in the work I'm afraid, if you're really motivated to go to university

ReputationRep:
    I agree, I need to put in the work and get some more enthusiasm.

Checked out the Khan site, will check out a few tutorials. Thanks for the link.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.