Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When I was at school I hated it, I took off every day I could. Let's just say people aren't the nicest around that age. I came out of school with no decent GCSE, D's, Es etc.

I went to college to do a IT course because I had a big interest in computers, this was level 1. It's kinda embarrassing doing a level one course but I did it and moved onto level 2. I completed level 2 and moved onto the BTEC National Diploma.

I'm currently towards the end of the BTEC National Diploma but am now having a lot of stress.

I have to take functional skills in maths to get the qualification. I was put in for level 1 functional skills and failed it. I feel pretty retarded about that. I didn't learn many maths techniques at school and it doesn't help that functional skills in incredibly confusing.

What's worse however, is that I need level 2 in functional skills to get into University. Which to be honest I doubt I can do.

I wasn't sure about going to University in the first place but now it seems I wont be for sure.

So, I have a few questions:

Any hope for me with a BTEC National diploma in IT?
    Anyone else done functional skills? Thoughts?

Sorry for the novel.

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicodin

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen the Khan Academy website? It has lots of maths videos, from basic to advanced stuff; it might help you with that at least.

Good luck and try not to give up! It'll be hard but I'm sure you can pull through!

ReputationRep:
    Heroin?

ReputationRep:
    you just need to buckle down and put in the work I'm afraid, if you're really motivated to go to university

ReputationRep:
    I agree, I need to put in the work and get some more enthusiasm.

Checked out the Khan site, will check out a few tutorials. Thanks for the link.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.