Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Have been with a guy for a month and already worried watch

ReputationRep:
    deleted

ReputationRep:
    The best thing to do is talk to him about it and see what his perception of it is. He may feel completely different to you and not realise you're having these worries.

He may feel as if you've settled down more now, which in turn, to his perception, results in the relationship 'quieting down', although you may not feel this is what should happen. Or he may feel that you aren't/weren't doing as much as him and so he has stopped making much of a fuss in accordance with your behaviour.

Each relationship is different, and each person has a different idea of what a good relationship involves; he just may not find such things necessary in the later stages of a relationship. It's best to talk about it with him and see how he feels on the subjct.

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a similar issue..if it is even that! Been with my boy nearly 2 months now, and found that in last couple weeks he's definately been quietening down, doesnt text me so much as he used to when we first started dating or go all out making a fuss and all but were still getting on great when were together, Thou its made me a little worried I thought it may also just be normal progression of a relationship and that he feels comfortable enough that he doesnt have to do all that to keep my interest...
    but I still miss the effort! Heh.

ReputationRep:
    Normal. Once they've got you, most guys don't feel the need to put a lot of effort in anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys!! Great help! XXX

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.