Turn on thread page Beta

If your partner had a problem with you eating unhealthy food, how would you feel? watch

Anon because bf reads my post and we've had arguments over this.

My bf eats a lot of unhealthy food, including take aways every day. I have a problem with this because I care for him. I have asked him to stop eating takeaway food every day and eat his fruits and veg. He gets annoyed by this and we have arguments over it.

If you're partner told you to stop eating unhealthy food because they care about you, how would you feel and what would you do?

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it. My boyfriend has the most unhealthy diet ever. Plus he is diabetic and doesn't control it very well. I try and help him, but unless if they want to be healthy themselves there's nothing you can do.

ReputationRep:
    You're his girlfriend. Cut off sex until he loses some flab. If he breaks up with you, even better, because he'll probably get depressed, get fat and won't get anyone regardless.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him you wont let him *** in your mouth until he starts eating better. It's fair enough really, when a guys diet is good their *** tastes much less unpleasant

EDIT: Didn't actually answer the question. It might annoy me a little bit, but my diet isn't poor. If it was that poor, I might see their point, but then again I'd probably want to change it myself; it's a toughie

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible that you was a size 8 and now a size 12? Because there was a thread...
    Funny correlation and such.

ReputationRep:
    If my partner has a problem with my diet, they're welcome to date someone whose diet they approve of.

You signed up for this. If you don't like something about the person you signed up for, you can either find someone else or get over it. He's a person, not a project.

(Original post by patientology)
    Is it possible that you was a size 8 and now a size 12? Because there was a thread...
    Funny correlation and such.

I am a size 8.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.