Turn on thread page Beta

ok, i am going to sound as if i am mad but i need to ask if anyone does this..

lately i have been sooo fed up and feel really lonely as if i cant talk to anyone about what is bothering me (i do have friends though) but when i feel like this i listen to music to block out the world and i just talk to myself.. at home when no-one is around. not like whilst im walking in public etc not infront of people.
    i know i sound weird. but i am a very shy person and its like when im talking to myself i am being this "confident" person who i want to be when im around lots of people.

am i going crazy? or do people do this?

ReputationRep:
    Are you Schizophrenic?

ReputationRep:
    lots of people do this, who doesnt speak to themselves or think aloud when their alone, your weird if you dont, if you act like you do when your around people when your alone then there is something wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, aslong as you know you are doing it, its not too bad. You should try and stop before u loose control and be one of thos looneys who wears cotton trackies, leather jacket,loafers, and a manky nike basball cap

try writing your problems down

ReputationRep:
    I do this...but hey...I'm a little bit crazy.
    But obviously I don't have full on conversation with myself.

(Original post by *Dreaming*)
    Are you Schizophrenic?
    i don't think so.. i don't hear voices or see things etc .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ok, i am going to sound as if i am mad but i need to ask if anyone does this..

lately i have been sooo fed up and feel really lonely as if i cant talk to anyone about what is bothering me (i do have friends though) but when i feel like this i listen to music to block out the world and i just talk to myself.. at home when no-one is around. not like whilst im walking in public etc not infront of people.
    i know i sound weird. but i am a very shy person and its like when im talking to myself i am being this "confident" person who i want to be when im around lots of people.

am i going crazy? or do people do this?
    I do the E-X-A-C-T same thing! Dont worry, you're not weird, you're just a human being! ....... Or maybe we're both a bunch of weirdos ... Isn't that weird??

Okay, the word "weird" is starting to sound really weird right now! Ahhh I can't stop!

ReputationRep:
    If you're talking to yourself, that's fine.
    If you're replying to yourself, that's fine.
    If there's a third person butting in, also played by you, then you're in trouble.

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure no one sees you doing it. They'll most likely think you're cuckoo.

ReputationRep:
    Ill be honest m8 i do this tobut im pretty messed up so u decide...........

ReputationRep:
    I think most people do, as long as you know you are doing so and don't talk outloud in public then you are OK I think. Obviously I think it'd become a problem when you can't stop even when people looking at you on the street etc etc. I talk to myself but I am also fully aware it when peopel start looking at me then I stop. I only talk very quietly to myself and mostly when I need to speak to someone later on and I would talk to myself to perpare etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    I talk to myself when I'm doing maths

Oh, and also when I'm running, mainly stuff like 'keep going' and 'don't stop running you worthless piece of...'

y'know positive stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I do this I feel a bit loopy sometimes, too. But hey, I guess it's pretty damn normal!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, I talk to myself sometimes.

Sometimes have whole conversations with myself, I find vocalising helps me see two sides of an argument. Adding actual sound can change perspective for me.

And then there'stimes I just have to tell myself off, and actually saying something like, 'Put that down you disgusting fatty' works better than thinking it

Anywayy...:creep:

ReputationRep:
    I talk to myself all the time. I plan out possible (yet usually, improbable) conversation to myself in a mirror, just practising my responses and hilarious conversation fillers.

Sometimes when I'm in bed I'll pretend my boyfriend's there and imagine new conversations or go over old ones. It's awkward when I do it and he's actually there...

ReputationRep:
    i have full blown arguments with myself. or do i? i dont know. where am i again?

ReputationRep:
    how long are the sentences in which you talk to your self for.
    is it something like

'why did i do that for!'

or is it

'hi, its me again, i talked to you yesterday, we left it off at the sandwich we had in the park...'

I talk to the wind.

ReputationRep:
    i talk to myself too, have conversations with myself, explain things, put myself in scenarios. It's great to help order your thoughts and get things out of your head.

ReputationRep:
    Relax man OP. We all do it by the way. :fyi:

When Im in the library I have the odd tendency to read out the titles of each book that I go past until I reach the right one.

Any time I am calculating artithmetic or numerical sorts , I tend to speak to myself in order to keep my trail of thought.

Have a nice :tea: or :cookie: or something.

As a hopeful doctor I can declare you : Criminally Sane :borat:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.