Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

firm and insurance Q! help please! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    HI GUYS! i just have a question please answer! basically you know when u have already firmed your choice and insurance, and if say for some reason you change your mind and actually want to go the uni u have put down as ur insurance, are you able to then kinda reject the firm and choose the insurance? even when u get the grades for ur firm? is it possible to do that? will you like have to call up the unis to change it before results day? or once its through then thats it?

ReputationRep:
    I would really like to know the answer for this one......on the same boat as you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolDude)
    I would really like to know the answer for this one......on the same boat as you!
    yea! lol i really need to know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inspiration)
    HI GUYS! i just have a question please answer! basically you know when u have already firmed your choice and insurance, and if say for some reason you change your mind and actually want to go the uni u have put down as ur insurance, are you able to then kinda reject the firm and choose the insurance? even when u get the grades for ur firm? is it possible to do that? will you like have to call up the unis to change it before results day? or once its through then thats it?
    if on the results day u meet the grades for ur firm uni...ur insurance uni will "reject" you.On ucas track it will say...unconditional firm.Now if at that point u want to go to ur insurance uni..u would have to decline ur firm choice and go through clearing.This is only possible if that uni has still got places.Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodboy4444)
    if on the results day u meet the grades for ur firm uni...ur insurance uni will "reject" you.On ucas track it will say...unconditional firm.Now if at that point u want to go to ur insurance uni..u would have to decline ur firm choice and go through clearing.This is only possible if that uni has still got places.Good luck
    o okaiii! thank you soo much for your reply good luck to u too with whatever your doing and your future

ReputationRep:
    Before a week before results day, it's quite easy - you get your firm to reject you and then your insurance becomes your firm.

However, no uni speaks to you in the week before results day and then, come results day and assuming you got the grades for your firm, your insurance will have been informed you don't need their place. It is possible to get them to accept you through Clearing, but they may not be willing to.

ReputationRep:
    You can change your replies within 14 days of submitting them without any trouble by contacting UCAS. However, after that, you'll be forced to go to your
    firm choice because your insurance will reject you immediately, and you will have to go through clearing if you want to reapply for your insurance university.

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patrick101)
    You can change your replies within 14 days of submitting them without any trouble by contacting UCAS. However, after that, you'll be forced to go to your
    firm choice
    because your insurance will reject you immediately, and you will have to go through clearing if you want to reapply for your insurance university.

Good Luck
    Not necessarily. For a start, you can choose to go to neither. And, as I explained above, you can get your firm to reject you before results day, which will make your insurance your firm (and have no insurance.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodboy4444)
    Oh wow! Could you please tell me when the results day is....I have no clue! I am from Canada!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolDude)
    Oh wow! Could you please tell me when the results day is....I have no clue! I am from Canada!
    A Level results day is the 18th August this year

ReputationRep:
    I've got a firm and insurance question too,

Basically going to do management/marketing and Aston is my firm, but i can't decide between city and reading as my insurance

City:
    placement year, great rep but i don't get to live on campus (cauz i live in London)

Reading:
    placement year, great rep (Henley business school) and i do get to live on campus

Thing is I've visited City which is oKish, but i haven't visited Reading and i don't have much time to.

Anyone been to Reading Uni? (which do you think will be better for marketing) suggestions please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schnapster)
    A Level results day is the 18th August this year
    Oh ok. thank you schnapster !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Not necessarily. For a start, you can choose to go to neither. And, as I explained above, you can get your firm to reject you before results day, which will make your insurance your firm (and have no insurance.)
    o i ddnt know that! thank you so much!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.