Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how to lose weight when you already have muscle? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok m8 what u need to do is whats called strengthsets every 2 days (1day lifting 1 day off) its important that u consume enough protein to maintain your muscle and youll need carbs for energy on the days u lift but on the rest day u wanna avoid carbs like the plague when u are lifting heavy weights u dont wanna just do benching get some shoulder press in there some pullups,deadlifts,pressups,squat s, all these moves strengthen your core also so they are 2 good not to do but mainly 80% of training is diet m8 it aint easy to eat right but it is easy to make small changes that all combine together to aid your weight loss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy&thesky)
    I keep getting told it's the best exercise you can get cos it works everything lol. Sadly, running is cheaper so I stick to that haha.
    Swimming is great but the problem is after about a month of swimming guess what u will stop burning fat and gain more muscle more muscle means more weight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiscoPigeon)
    Swimming is great but the problem is after about a month of swimming guess what u will stop burning fat and gain more muscle more muscle means more weight
    Not if you keep increasing the amount you do; if you're continually pushing yourself to do a few more lengths then you'll still be challenging yourself aerobically
    Also, surely muscle is a good thing? I don't know, it's just when I think of losing weight, I think of decreasing fat but mainly toning and increasing muscle definition!

ReputationRep:
    Not if you keep increasing the amount you do; if you're continually pushing yourself to do a few more lengths then you'll still be challenging yourself aerobically
    Also, surely muscle is a good thing? I don't know, it's just when I think of losing weight, I think of decreasing fat but mainly toning and increasing muscle definition!
    The thing is m8 he wants to lose weight and burn fat if he pushes his self harder and harder his body will crave more protein which will force to make bad diet choices and even if he does make good choices his weight will still increase due to the new muscle tissue he develops.

ReputationRep:
    i sure like the idea of swimming in the summer lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiscoPigeon)
    The thing is m8 he wants to lose weight and burn fat if he pushes his self harder and harder his body will crave more protein which will force to make bad diet choices and even if he does make good choices his weight will still increase due to the new muscle tissue he develops.
    well i dont mind what i wiegh. I wna get rid of the fat the the whole diet thing is gna be my downfall if i do something wrong lol

ReputationRep:
    eat frequently, but in small portions. this really boosts your metabolism. also, eat loads of greens an fruit, as theyre negative calorie foods. maintain a healthy protein diet, as you need it for your muscle development. drink loads of water.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with LizzayBT...more time of eating per day in smaller quantity.

ReputationRep:
    My nutriotion lecturer at college eats 6 times a day and drinks a detox shake in the morning so eating frequently to maintain your sugar levels at the same level throughout the day will greatly improve your fat burning capability

ReputationRep:
    Strong lack of knowledge in this thread.

How much can you squat ass to grass OP?
    How much can you deadlift?
    and lastly how much do you weigh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Strong lack of knowledge in this thread.

How much can you squat ass to grass OP?
    How much can you deadlift?
    and lastly how much do you weigh?
    i dont even know what squats are lol i wiegh 95kg's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manesh2468)
    i dont even know what squats are lol i wiegh 95kg's
    You don't have much muscle at all then, bit of chest and triceps maybe but if you don't squat and deadlift you are most certainly not muscular

ReputationRep:
    You don't have much muscle at all then, bit of chest and triceps maybe but if you don't squat and deadlift you are most certainly not muscular
    i said i dont know what they are, how can you say i dont have any muscles lol

ReputationRep:
    i said i dont know what they are, how can you say i dont have any muscles lol
    If you don't know what squats are then you are a bench warrior - commonly mocked in gyms.

Prove me wrong, post up your pic or even better a video of this alleged bench press

ReputationRep:
    If you don't know what squats are then you are a bench warrior - commonly mocked in gyms.

Prove me wrong, post up your pic or even better a video of this alleged bench press
    wow now your saying im fake lol, thanks for that =/ but sure if i can actually be sad enough to ask someone to record me doing a bench press just to put up and show you then yeh sure it will be up soon lol its only 150kg your acting like its some huge weight =/ if i can do press ups with my wieght then whas another 55kg to that

ReputationRep:
    wow now your saying im fake lol, thanks for that =/ but sure if i can actually be sad enough to ask someone to record me doing a bench press just to put up and show you then yeh sure it will be up soon lol its only 150kg your acting like its some huge weight =/ if i can do press ups with my wieght then whas another 55kg to that
    Believe me I am not acting like it is a huge weight - but given you don't know what squats are, the "King of Exercises" then I am highly dubious as the the legitimacy of your claim. I imagine if the weight is on the bar it is with a spotter who lifts it with you saying "Its all you" while you bench, brining the bar down about a foot off your chest.

When you do press ups firstly the motion is not the same as a bench press, nor is the balance, you are on a pivot and a lot of your weight is not lifted, so it is more akin to being around 80kg more than you can press up

ReputationRep:
    Believe me I am not acting like it is a huge weight - but given you don't know what squats are, the "King of Exercises" then I am highly dubious as the the legitimacy of your claim. I imagine if the weight is on the bar it is with a spotter who lifts it with you saying "Its all you" while you bench, brining the bar down about a foot off your chest.

When you do press ups firstly the motion is not the same as a bench press, nor is the balance, you are on a pivot and a lot of your weight is not lifted, so it is more akin to being around 80kg more than you can press up
    did you miss out the part of the thread where i said ive been working my whole life on heavy loads? =/ and no there were no trainers this is just a gym with my mates when we were messing about, mate this is a thread asking about wieght loss if squats help lose wieght then sure carry on lol cose i dunno what they are.

ReputationRep:
    did you miss out the part of the thread where i said ive been working my whole life on heavy loads? =/ and no there were no trainers this is just a gym with my mates when we were messing about, mate this is a thread asking about wieght loss if squats help lose wieght then sure carry on lol cose i dunno what they are.
    Yeah people say a lot on the internet, working with heavy loads would not assist your bench press - it is not a movement found in everyday life.

Squats can help you lose fat actually

ReputationRep:
    Yeah people say a lot on the internet, working with heavy loads would not assist your bench press - it is not a movement found in everyday life.

Squats can help you lose fat actually
    mhm if you say so lol, keh so i see these squats on youtube they rely on leg strength only ? or the ability to hold it up at the shoulders too

ReputationRep:
    mhm if you say so lol, keh so i see these squats on youtube they rely on leg strength only ? or the ability to hold it up at the shoulders too
    Squats and deadlift test your whole body strength

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.