Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Disaster, and boyfriend won't speak to me anymore :( Watch

I know there’s a lot of people who have difficulty peeing when others could hear them. i’m like that, only much much worse, but I keep the things about my pee pee a secret. basically I was invited to meet my boyfriend’s parents last week at a BBQ party they were having and I was overjoyed so I went. After a while, I really needed the toilet.

I got really panicky that people might be able to hear me pee, but they were all in the garden having a BBQ so I thought ‘kkk nobody could hear me, so it’s safe like.’ I went in and just as I lifted up my skirt I suddenly noticed these HUGE statues of angels, children and victorians, all facing the toilet. I couldn’t do it… Not with them all staring at me like that. So I went back downstairs and started eating the food… but really really needed to pee pee. In the end I told everyone that I felt really unwell and halfway through dinner my boyfriend drove me home. I think his parents thought that I was just making excuses to leave because they thought that dey had offended me when they asked me quite personal questions about my friend who recently moved away to live with his rich aunt… So today they invited me back to a quiet family dinner.

I knew I had to do something about the statues because I knew I’d end up needing to pee from the nerves of meeting his parents again. Thus, yesterday night I made these little black masks to put over the heads of the statues. When I went to the toilet at their house, I covered the statues head’s with these black masks. I felt a lot more comfortable and managed to pee. Moreover, as a consequence of my achievement of conquering my fear, I felt so happy that I forgot to take the masks off the statues.

It turned out that my boyfriend was waiting outside the bathroom door. I was shocked that he had heard me pee and then he noticed the masks of the statues. He thought I was playing some prank on him, and asked me about it, but I got so scared and I was so angry about him hearing me pee pee that I ran out of his house screaming at the top of my voice with my arms waving.

My boyfriend won’t speak to me now and I’m worried that he might want to break up with me. Is there anything I could do to make it up to him? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    You sure you weren't taking those statues to a high security prison?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know there’s a lot of people who have difficulty peeing when others could hear them. i’m like that, only much much worse, but I keep the things about my pee pee a secret. basically I was invited to meet my boyfriend’s parents last week at a BBQ party they were having and I was overjoyed so I went. After a while, I really needed the toilet.

I got really panicky that people might be able to hear me pee, but they were all in the garden having a BBQ so I thought ‘kkk nobody could hear me, so it’s safe like.’ I went in and just as I lifted up my skirt I suddenly noticed these HUGE statues of angels, children and victorians, all facing the toilet. I couldn’t do it… Not with them all staring at me like that. So I went back downstairs and started eating the food… but really really needed to pee pee. In the end I told everyone that I felt really unwell and halfway through dinner my boyfriend drove me home. I think his parents thought that I was just making excuses to leave because they thought that dey had offended me when they asked me quite personal questions about my friend who recently moved away to live with his rich aunt… So today they invited me back to a quiet family dinner.

I knew I had to do something about the statues because I knew I’d end up needing to pee from the nerves of meeting his parents again. Thus, yesterday night I made these little black masks to put over the heads of the statues. When I went to the toilet at their house, I covered the statues head’s with these black masks. I felt a lot more comfortable and managed to pee. Moreover, as a consequence of my achievement of conquering my fear, I felt so happy that I forgot to take the masks off the statues.

It turned out that my boyfriend was waiting outside the bathroom door. I was shocked that he had heard me pee and then he noticed the masks of the statues. He thought I was playing some prank on him, and asked me about it, but I got so scared and I was so angry about him hearing me pee pee that I ran out of his house screaming at the top of my voice with my arms waving.

My boyfriend won’t speak to me now and I’m worried that he might want to break up with me. Is there anything I could do to make it up to him? Thanks.
    whoah i've heard of having a nervous bladder and being self-conscious about people listening to you, but staues staring at you is a new one on me

(Original post by emmi_lou)
    whoah i've heard of having a nervous bladder and being self-conscious about people listening to you, but staues staring at you is a new one on me
    I would ask my best friend for help, but he's just spending his days shooting some b-ball and so it feels like I have nobody

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I just wasted all that time reading that.

ReputationRep:
    0/10

ReputationRep:
    to be honest, the best thing to do in these kind of situations (albeit an unusual one, no offence!) is to just bite the bullet and tell him exactly what the problem was! be prepared for mixed reactions, i.e. maybe laughter, a bit confused, but if he cares he'll listen and understand even if he isn't sure quite what to think. good luck x

ps. i win for thinking "TROLL" and then "oh maybe not, bit precise, if a bit weird, there are some strange people out there, i should be nice".
    FAIL.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure those statues weren't trolls?

ReputationRep:
    didn't read

ReputationRep:
    is this one of those troll thingys lol im still new =/ the screaming and waving arms kind of sounded too dramatic to me with the masks for statues that are in a toilet for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    Only on TSR :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

tl:dr - Im a troll
    oh

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was pretty good, actually.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I don't like people being able to hear me go to the loo but putting masks on statues is a whole new level! Why didn't you just turn all the statues around so that they were facing away from you?

I think you overreacted with the whole screaming and running out of the house! He's probably not talking to you because he thinks you're an over dramatic baby who needs some space to become 'normal' again! Guys don't like girls with drama remember!

Have you tried explaining to him exactly what happened with the whole mask situation? If not then I'm sure if you explain he'll forgive you.

ReputationRep:
    Not going to lie I did laugh a little at the mask bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-K-J)
    oh
    haha i actually had to go back and check then that i hadn't been a complete numpty and missed that new addition to the tale haha

ReputationRep:
    Just the first line made me lol...I can't...

"pee pee"? Lol come on now..

ReputationRep:
    so you managed to get into his house carrying a load of masks without him noticing...anyone else think this is just a tad beyond weird??
    nevermind dear i'm sure there's pills you can take for that behaviour...
    sorry that was mean of me

ReputationRep:
    Troll? Or are you really that crazy....

ReputationRep:
    I read as far as statues and am not sure what to make of this

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.