Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A Smoking Warning from the Head watch

ReputationRep:
    Today, I received a letter through the post asking year 12 students not to smoke outside the school gates as it is 'bad' for the image of the school and a bad example for the other students.
    It even urges parents to advise their children not to do this (i.e. not stand outside school and smoke).
    I agree this is a good thing, especially for me as I don't have to have the smoke constantly blown in my face while waiting for the bus anymore , but sending a letter to every year 12 student?? I don't really think this is necessary as it's only about 5 people that do it (waste of paper!!)

Does anyone else think this is too extreme?
    Thoughts/opinions

ReputationRep:
    Smoking is cool innit blud

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care, let them smoke if they want to.

ReputationRep:
    well if your objection is to the delivery of the message rather than the message itself....then yes i agree it might be extreme. The school could well use email, or a public school announcement of some sort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial maniac)
    I don't really care, let them smoke if they want to.
    Agreed, let the kids smoke. If it only like 5 students that do it, how do you consistenly have smoke blown in your face whil waiting. Maybe grab a smoke yourself, i promise you it will make you calm and maybe not care that much To the point you were trying to make, it is a waste of paper, they should just hang a few posters around, like one in every classroom or so.
    I say, some people smoke, what is to wrong about it.. for the love of god, if they like smoking let them smoke..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nezer)
    Agreed, let the kids smoke. If it only like 5 students that do it, how do you consistenly have smoke blown in your face whil waiting. Maybe grab a smoke yourself, i promise you it will make you calm and maybe not care that much To the point you were trying to make, it is a waste of paper, they should just hang a few posters around, like one in every classroom or so.
    I say, some people smoke, what is to wrong about it.. for the love of god, if they like smoking let them smoke..

very small bus stop XD and i don't like the smell-and I hate smoking, i'm all for free choice they can smoke if they want to, but as for me it's a waste of money and it makes me cough XD

It just seems like a waste of resources to send out loads of letters to the students that don't smoke, and it's a bit stupid to waste it like this as we're in a recession. I think there's around 80-90 students in our sixth form...that's maybe around 40 essays the paper could be used for being a bit pedantic i know but we have to be in this recession.

Also, did you see the story about the red briefcase the government bought to carry the budget review last week? over £100 to carry some paper 10 feet?!

ReputationRep:
    Too extreme to send the letter, not too extreme to ask them to stop

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.