Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got it done? Does it stay or fall out? Thinking about getting it done! Ta

ReputationRep:
    Like a dermal?

I like it, but I doubt it will stay in long. I've had 3 dermals in a place that wasn't touched very much, and none of them last more than a year.

On somewhere your wrist, I'd give it a few months max. Dermal rejection rates are too high.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks where have you had yours? Do they scar?

ReputationRep:
    Wrist piercing? Sounds kinda painful

ReputationRep:
    You can have skin divers, dermal anchors, staple bar or a PTFE bar. They will all grow out eventually. Each person heals/reacts differently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    Thanks where have you had yours? Do they scar?
    Sorry I didn't see your reply.

My nape.
    They do scar, but it's very minimal. I mean seriously, it's not something that would bother me at all (if they were in a place that's visible, lol srsly how many people look at your nape generally).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Sorry I didn't see your reply.

My nape.
    They do scar, but it's very minimal. I mean seriously, it's not something that would bother me at all (if they were in a place that's visible, lol srsly how many people look at your nape generally).
    Thanks I love neck peircings!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    Thanks I love neck peircings!
    Hello, I had a wrist surface piercing and I wouldn't necessarily recommend them. I found that I was catching it all the time despite being as careful as I possibly could. And it was really painful when you caught it! It eventually started rejecting and I took it out and I'm left with a little scar but I'm not too bothered about that. But it's your choice!

ReputationRep:
    Unless you actually have money to burn, I wouldn't recommend them. Surface piercings are notorious for being pains in the arse.

My nape piercing never really healed despite being really careful with it, but it hasn't scarred. I know a lot of people who have had their surface piercings reject very very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    Unless you actually have money to burn, I wouldn't recommend them. Surface piercings are notorious for being pains in the arse.

My nape piercing never really healed despite being really careful with it, but it hasn't scarred. I know a lot of people who have had their surface piercings reject very very quickly.
    How quickly is quickly? I don't know anyone who's had them. I had 3, I think they all lasted around 9/10 months.

ReputationRep:
    How quickly is quickly? I don't know anyone who's had them. I had 3, I think they all lasted around 9/10 months.
    usually it's about 6 months we've found. I miss my nape piercing, but i'm not forking out another £30 for something that won't heal properly

ReputationRep:
    I thought dermals were actually permanent? :confused: As surely they can't 'grow out'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    I thought dermals were actually permanent? :confused: As surely they can't 'grow out'

They start to reject and turn into this (warning, it's a bit graphic)

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3152234_n.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. It's probably something I'd avoid, but if you want to, go for it. Just don't expect it to go swimmingly. It'll probably reject, hurt like a *****, catch on a lot of things and, if you're not careful, get infected. Be careful where you get it on your wrist too, because it could put pressure/damage the vein if it's close to the surface. And if you have skinny wrists like me, you may have a hard time to find skin & tissue readily available for the piercing.

And for god's sake, get it done by a professional. Bedroom piercings = nooo!

ReputationRep:
    They start to reject and turn into this (warning, it's a bit graphic)

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3152234_n.jpg
    Crap, I've got collarbone dermals, and the piercer told me they would be permanent :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    Crap, I've got collarbone dermals, and the piercer told me they would be permanent :confused:
    Sorry but your piercer is an idiot then. Dermals have some of the highest rejection rates.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you bother? It's not going to last long.

ReputationRep:
    I had my sternum done and it lasted about 5 months, but thats only coz i refused to take it out, it started growing out after about 3. I loved it though.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.