Turn on thread page Beta

My ex-bf broke up with me 10 weeks ago and I haven't seen him since then. We're both going to be at an event on Wednesday and it's almost certain we'll end up talking but probably not for very long. He broke my heart when he broke up with me as it came as a shock and I had strong feelings for him. I found out he was going out with a so-called friend of mine a few weeks ago which felt like double betrayal as I'd confided in her about how hurt I was and he'd gone onto me about how he wanted me to be happy, cared about me etc. She dumped him recently so the two are no longer together. I'm still not over him but I'm pretty sure he's moved on. Before I told him I wanted to be friends in the future but I'm not so sure anymore after how much he's hurt me through the breakup and going out with this girl. What can I say to him without making a complete fool of myself?

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, you don't have to say anything to him, if you don't want to.
    Just be yourself, have a couple of conversation topics ready if you're in an awkward position, so you don't come out with something you'll end up regretting later, but if you don't feel like you want to say anything to him, then don't. Just do what you feel, who cares what he thinks anymore? He's obviously not worth it. x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.