Turn on thread page Beta

Ive noticed I must attract a lot of attention, when im at the gym, Ive noticed people look at me when I walk past, I turn my face because its becoming really obvious now...like today a guy saw me on the weights machine, he looked and then strategically went on the machine near me? I also see girls check me out too, which is normal I guess...but why do guys stare (im a guy), im not hench or massively tall so could fight them, but I have a 'pretty' face for a guy, I guess..

ReputationRep:
    Why are you anonymous?

Maybe they think you're attractive I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ive noticed I must attract a lot of attention, when im at the gym, Ive noticed people look at me when I walk past, I turn my face because its becoming really obvious now...like today a guy saw me on the weights machine, he looked and then strategically went on the machine near me? I also see girls check me out too, which is normal I guess...but why do guys stare (im a guy), im not hench or massively tall so could fight them, but I have a 'pretty' face for a guy, I guess..
    Because your shorts are too tight and your balls look like a bag of mini babybels.

ReputationRep:
    maybe they want to go on the machine youre on. and they come closer so that when you get off, they would get on it?

ReputationRep:
    Ha, paranoid. Or else your gym session is ****/your spectacularly weak and people are looking in pity?

ReputationRep:
    maybe you are "fax machining."

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you don't have a pretty face, and you've got a hairy mole ? lol

(Original post by LizzayBT)
    maybe they want to go on the machine youre on. and they come closer so that when you get off, they would get on it?
    Perhaps, I sometimes believe its because im unusual looking, people tend to stare and maybe assess me in some way? like if i look up I may get a quick glance, but if i turn my face and dont look at the other person im 90% sure theyre glaring...its soo odd...

ReputationRep:
    It might be slight paranoia? Not meaning to be rude at all but it may have happened to you a few times and so increased the likelihood you believe it's happening at other times. You said you are "unusual looking" so I thought it sounded as if you have a bit of a hang up about your appearance.

(Original post by lucy&thesky)
    It might be slight paranoia? Not meaning to be rude at all but it may have happened to you a few times and so increased the likelihood you believe it's happening at other times. You said you are "unusual looking" so I thought it sounded as if you have a bit of a hang up about your appearance.
    No im happy with the way i look, I meant it in the context that they stare coz im different maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainthegreat)
    Because your shorts are too tight and your balls look like a bag of mini babybels.
    LOL I just spat out my drink when I read that :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Because they think you look like a... troll... perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    There staring at u m8 because of a few things
    1. to see what u are lifting
    2. to work out if your stronger than them
    3. u are using a technique or lifting a way they havent seen b4
    4. u are ripped and they cant help but stare
    5. u are doing something wrong and look silly
    6. u are wearing a vest when u have no arms (there is 1 in every gym)
    7. u are training triceps and biceps in the same day (bad move)
    8. The real reason peolpe are just nosey man big guys cant believe when i a 5foot7 midget goes in the gym and benches 130kg but hey thats life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nayberay)
    LOL I just spat out my drink when I read that :rofl:
    Unfortunately I was speaking from experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainthegreat)
    Lolwut thats vile..

ReputationRep:
    I get stared at because i wear short shorts and low cut vests. Semi true. The chicks did that ****.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.