The Student Room Group

Can anyone suggest book to read (for dentistry)?

Hi!
Does anyone know of any good books to read for dentistry???
Reply 1
you dont need to read anything before uni.
How about 'Getting into dental school'
The Bible is an absolute MUST for dentistry.
Reply 4
Original post by Cheesecakefactory
The Bible is an absolute MUST for dentistry.

Seriously. Who says things like that in this day and age?!

I haven't read "Getting into Dental School" but I imagine it's a worthwhile buy. Also get a good UKCAT book. But to be honest, simply using this forum is all the research you will need. Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by electricjon
Seriously. Who says things like that in this day and age?!

I haven't read "Getting into Dental School" but I imagine it's a worthwhile buy. Also get a good UKCAT book. But to be honest, simply using this forum is all the research you will need. Good luck!

ive heard getting into dental school is a good book so im getting it for sure
Reply 6
If u wanna read a book, take it form a Dental Student ... Read Oral Anatomy, Histology and Embryology .. because u will learn alot before going on the course .... NAAAT!
When I applied I read:

- A UKCAT book
- Getting into Dental School
- Basic Guide to Dental Procedures

It would be worth doing some quick google searches into key topics that might come up in an interview such as caries, water fluoridation, amalgam vs composite.

And also reading a bit further into anything that you might see during work experience. If you buy an oral anatomy or operative dentistry book, it'll probably put you off applying :P

And of course ask around in this forum, it's an excellent resource. I'm a dental student at King's so i'd be happy to answer any appropriate questions.

Cheers.

Quick Reply