Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does my girlfriend still want me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secret_geek)
    Well I have never been on the pill I went straight for long-term contraception. I am in an LDR and knew I would NOT take my pill every day if I knew I wasn't seeing my boyfriend for a while. Haha sooo TMI for here. I straight away looked at the implant and the IUD *there are two different types of IUD or coil, one is hormonal one is non-hormonal (pretty sure the ONLY non-hormonal contraception except sterilisation!)*

So basically, I went with the implant because quite frankly I was **** scared about getting the coil put in And they numbed the area blablabla, was all fine. Then BAM a week later I got all the nasty hormone side effects: weight gain (half a stone), mood wings, 0 sex drive like literally couldn't even get wet at all, went from my vibrator being my bestfriend to dusty :P haha. Anyway, argued with my boyfriend all the time ( sex is a bigggg thing to me ). I began to just feel like friends with my boyfriend minus the sex which led us to argue a lot. It also made me depressed.

So anyway! About 6 weeks after this thing ruining my life, I had it taken out. Had the non-hormonal coil put in - didn't want any side effects!!! Dropped the half stone, felt MUCH better in myself (not depressed) and bammm sex drive back.

Coil was painful being put in, I am not going to lie BUT it does last 5 years and I also think you can have some sort of anaesthetic up there, but I didn't.... It hasssss made my periods heavier but that is it it also does not interfere with sex at all!

Hope this helps sorry tmi + so longggggg
    Hmm, it sounds interesting, I shall do some research! Thank you.

Tbh I'm scared of it hurting, that is my only fear with these implants, I've never been prodded about up there by a doctor yet, I'm terrified it's going to hurt lmao!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaNzY)
    Hmm, it sounds interesting, I shall do some research! Thank you.

Tbh I'm scared of it hurting, that is my only fear with these implants, I've never been prodded about up there by a doctor yet, I'm terrified it's going to hurt lmao!
    Do you mean arm implant or coil? Arm implant they numb you and you can't feel anything!!

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean arm implant or coil? Arm implant they numb you and you can't feel anything!!
    No, sorry I mean the ones they shove in your uterus lol, the IUDs and IUSs! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaNzY)
    No, sorry I mean the ones they shove in your uterus lol, the IUDs and IUSs! haha
    Ohhh HAHA. Yeahhh not going to lie, it did really hurt :rolleyes: I wasn't numbed in there though, I think you can be It just felt like a really 'inside' and 'deep' pain, I can't explain And quite bad tummyache the rest of the day and day after. But it is 5years! So I would say go for it. But you have to make sure you will only have a minimal risk of sti infection because if you caught say chlymidia(sp?!) with the coil, it could become pelvic inflammatory disease v.quickly!

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh HAHA. Yeahhh not going to lie, it did really hurt :rolleyes: I wasn't numbed in there though, I think you can be It just felt like a really 'inside' and 'deep' pain, I can't explain And quite bad tummyache the rest of the day and day after. But it is 5years! So I would say go for it. But you have to make sure you will only have a minimal risk of sti infection because if you caught say chlymidia(sp?!) with the coil, it could become pelvic inflammatory disease v.quickly!
    Hmm, i've not even had a smear yet so would be petrified, I would make them let my bf be in there with me holding my hand and distracting me lol!

Oh well the STI thing wouldn't be an issue since i'm in a long term relationship and me and my bf have only done it with each other lol! TMI but i'm proud of that fact tbh

Another thing, the pill i am on now, i don't get periods ever, so i can't imagine going back to that but with heavier periods than before hmmm, I just wish there was something with no side effects at all! I guess condoms, but I don't like using them on their own.

ReputationRep:
    Just ask her. Have a serious conversation and just ask her plainly if she wants you.

And yes, some pills do lower the drive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee R)
    Indeed, it sounds like your playing the lotto! ...
    Now you come to mention it, I wonder if I've won this week.

But seriously, yeah, the pill is just a huge gambling game when it comes to side effects.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.