Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering, how long does it take to check NI number?
    Considering the fact that its nearly end of the first year of uni and I STILL have not received my student loan due to a) loss of my passport after it was sent out by signed post, b) being told that I can send out a copy of my birth certificate and then getting letter back saying that Student Finance does not accept it, c) having complete wrong course and uni on aplication after I rang and asked to change it MILLION times. And now having blocked payments because Student Finance did not have time to check my NI number during ONE YEAR! To be honest, I am kind of losing my patience now :mad: when other students are enjoying their first year and getting full support from SF, I have to work every day, just to afford to pay for my rent!
    Sorry for moaning here, but I find it a bit shocking how one company can mess up so bad on one job! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The NI number is only checked when an application is fully approved. In this case, it wouldn't be until such time as they had the passport to confirm your entitlement.

NI numbers are sent to be checked on the Wednesday following your assessment approval, and the check comes back the following Wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    Just to update my situation! Since 5th of April, I rang numerous of times to Student Finance and I am just amazed, how many excuses I have heard in this period of time! And I just love the term "your money will be transferred in 3-5 days" ...NO IT STILL HASN'T! Once, my bank details were checked and they were all correct, 4 days later I got told that my bank details were not filled in! And nooobody knows why my payments are blocked! It is absolute JOKE! I don't even know what to do anymore, because every time it is just some sort of excuse!

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.