Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Five Fingers KSO

As per title & link. Anyone used/use them? If so what do they think?
    Supposedly really good for running as well as at the gym what with running shoes often have squishy soles.

ReputationRep:
    They just want your money, they look stupid aswell.

ReputationRep:
    £100+ to look like a tool!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamieig33)
    Anyone used/use them? If so what do they think?
    I didn't ask for what your opinions were looks wise..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamieig33)
    I didn't ask for what your opinions were looks wise..
    Ahh

But you didn't not mention you didn't want opinions on the looks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkinFadeHaircut)
    Ahh

But you didn't not mention you didn't want opinions on the looks.
    Touché

ReputationRep:
    You might as well just go barefoot, you'd probably look less conspicuous, and you'd save yourself a stack of cash.

For running just get some flat, thin-soled shoes if you're not keen on the typical over-cushioned ones (which do your gait no favours).
    Not sure that it really matters what kind of shoes you wear at the gym though, frankly...

ReputationRep:
    Someone who I go to the gym with swears by them.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.cracked.com/article_19130...rk-at-all.html

See number 4

Ste has some, ask him

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna get some eventually.

ReputationRep:
    I want some but can't afford them. So I run in crappy £2 plimsolls and haven't had any running related injuries in years and I regularly do 50 mile weeks.

ReputationRep:
    They're called Vibram FiveFingers, lol. Whoever said, 'just go barefoot,' is talking ****; you try going out on tarmac with glass, plastic, mud, and other crap out there. It all depends on your foot arch, and your running gait. They are not suitable for everyone. I'd like some for trails and grass workouts.

ReputationRep:
    I wear sandals, or flat-soled canvass shoes, or go barefooted on any grass or dirt (it feels awesome). Fivefingers are a focking scam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    They're called Vibram FiveFingers, lol. Whoever said, 'just go barefoot,' is talking ****; you try going out on tarmac with glass, plastic, mud, and other crap out there. It all depends on your foot arch, and your running gait. They are not suitable for everyone. I'd like some for trails and grass workouts.
    The only one of those that is an issue is glass, and even then you can (once you've been walking barefoot for a while) walk straight over if the fragments are small enough. Generally though, you can just look where you're going.
    I've walked on tarmac barefoot enough times, and run on it a few times, it's no more difficult than grass (unless it's very hot or cold).
    Cobbles and pebbled/rocky tracks are a bit more tricky.

As for running gait, the main reason why runners go barefoot or use shoes such as the fivefingers is to adjust it away from heel strikes. Otherwise they wouldn't bother.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.