Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I finally met this girl(posted many threads here ) , but after the awkward situation from last time ,I had the feeling it couldnt get any worse .Basically I bumped into her at the street ,said Hi ,asked her name ,course etc etc.and before leaving I said show me your hand , took my pen out and wrote my number on her palm and said ,call me sometime we could get a coffee or something..She said yh sure and left ..

Im now thinking was it a bit too direct to do that?
    I think its nice! youve shown her your confident and youve got balls! not many guys have the ability to just approach someone in the street! and if it doesnt go anywhere, take it as practice! Just cos she doesnt call it doesnt mean its because of the way you asked, she might just not be interested! Keep us updated

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I'm just odd, but I think it's a nice way to ask someone out.
    Especially if you're goodlooking, I'd be all weak at the knees! I think writing your number on her hand is really cute. Even if it doesn't work out, good for you for having the confidence to put yourself out there like that!

ReputationRep:
    lol i guess its your 'style', some girls would like that some would think 'what a nobhead'(thats what i would think)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Aww i like this its direct, to the point, while still keeping an air of romance and now the balls in her court! Hope she calls you!

ReputationRep:
    I would probably text you if I was that girl! I don't think it was that bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I finally met this girl(posted many threads here ) , but after the awkward situation from last time ,I had the feeling it couldnt get any worse .Basically I bumped into her at the street ,said Hi ,asked her name ,course etc etc.and before leaving I said show me your hand , took my pen out and wrote my number on her palm and said ,call me sometime we could get a coffee or something..She said yh sure and left ..

Im now thinking was it a bit too direct to do that?
    awwwhhh bless that would have made me laugh and smile, i think you did fine =] if she calls you know how itl go!! good luck

ReputationRep:
    I think it's an interesting way of meeting someone! Not sure if I would like it, I'm not a big fan of randomers trying to chat me up on the bus but in a street I guess if she didn't like it she could have just ignored you and walked away or made some excuse to leave. Also she didn't have to let you write on her hand.

And you've left the ball in her court so if she calls you know she was impressed, and if not.. move on to the next one (but maybe try another technique...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasia)
    Personally, I'd call you if I was in her position. It's nice when a guy does something out of the ordinary, much better than "boring average". Example: most guys would suggest cinema, maybe bowling when he's starting to date a girl, my boyfriend took me strawberry picking
    Maybe she won't call, but she might have reasons, doesn't mean you should try boring average next time.
    Strawberry picking! That's pretty friking awesome!!

ReputationRep:
    Dude, that took some balls on your part - I bow to you! :adore:
    Well not really, but you get lots of respect.

Hope she calls you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.