Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I started at the University of Salford last September (2010) on the Media and Performance course. However, it has become apparent that this course isn't for me.

It was sold to me wrongly for starters. If I had been aware of the amount of theory and lack of practical I would never have chosen the course (80%:20%).
    I have also found that the majority of my lecturers don't actually teach and go completely off tangent either bigging themselves up, reading from wikipedia printouts or just don't seem at all bothered about their job. Since being there I have not learnt a single thing and just feel like I'm paying for a piece of paper.

SO, I have applied for another course at another University and have my interview this Wednesday hopefully starting in September 2011. Due to how I feel about my course, in all honestly my attendance in Semester 2 started off ok but and has ended appalling. I literally never go in. Alarmingly, nobody has even chased me up on this, and the odd times I do go in, no one mentions it (about once every two weeks) but I know I'm still enrolled on the course.

The University has now been paid from my student finance for all of this year. So whether I pass or fail (I don't care as I'm not staying) they've already been paid for the 2010-2011 academic year by me.

What I'd like to know is, if I'm registered for student finance for the next academic year (therefore, student finance know I plan to stay in higher education) and Salford have taken all my fee's from me this year - whether I pass or fail, will I still get my May/Summer loan?? (have rent/bills to pay over summer as I am tied to a lease and I also plan on staying in the city for next year). :confused::confused::confused:

Please Help with any info you have.
    Sorry about the lengthly thread!
    Much appreciated in advance x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.