The Hutton Report...What Hype. Watch

This discussion is closed.
gayboy09
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
At 12:30 today, Lord Hutton summarised his report over the death of Doctor David Kelly. Pointless.

Once he said "Dr. kelly was found with his left wrist slashed" the quotes that come on the bottom of the screen said "Kelly commited suicide".
Well we didn't know that before, did we?

This whole report probably cost millions of pounds, and what does the average tax payer care of the Hutton report? NOTHING.

The whole thing was over the naming of David Kelly to the press, and if Tony Blair authorised it.
Stupidity. Because someone says something, it makes a man commit suicide. David Kelly should not be a doctor in the position he is in, and expect to get an easy ride.
It dominated the damn news today, and all I wanted to see was Big Sam getting soaked in Champagne by his Bolton team. *******s.
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gayboy09)
At 12:30 today, Lord Hutton summarised his report over the death of Doctor David Kelly. Pointless.

Once he said "Dr. kelly was found with his left wrist slashed" the quotes that come on the bottom of the screen said "Kelly commited suicide".

This whole report probably cost millions of pounds, and what does the average tax payer care of the Hutton report? NOTHING.

The whole thing was over the naming of David Kelly to the press, and if Tony Blair authorised it.
Stupidity. Because someone says something, it makes a man commit suicide. David Kelly should not be a doctor in the position he is in, and expect to get an easy ride.
It dominated the damn news today, and all I wanted to see was Big Sam getting soaked in Champagne by his Bolton team. *******s.
thts not completey accurate. the inquirey was more to find who had done wrong towards the dr. and im sure he was perfectly able in his job, seeing as hes the absolute top in his field and has served gulf and russian conflicts. so give him half an hour on the news.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What I find amusing is the leak. Seems to me quite likely the leak was by the government, as it was not in the BBC's or the families interests to leak the content.

So now it is possible there will be an investigation into who leaked information from the report into whether the government leaked the name of David Kelly.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think i remember back at the time of the Hutton Inquiry, i was among the very small minority defending Mr. Blair and Mr.Campbell on this board and pointing the finger at the BBC.
nice to see we were all vindicated this afternoon.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
What I find amusing is the leak. Seems to me quite likely the leak was by the government, as it was not in the BBC's or the families interests to leak the content.

So now it is possible there will be an investigation into who leaked information from the report into whether the government leaked the name of David Kelly.
The government seems to be becoming very leaky. Perhaps they should consult a plumber?
gayboy09
Rep:
?
But don't you agree that this is all hype?
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i bet they leaked it to draw attention away from the top up fees vote last niht - pmq today was appaling, and mostly about the Hutton inquiry :mad: it was such a waste of time and money
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But don't you agree that this is all hype?
shhh theyr on a conspiracy roll, i like those.
gayboy09
Rep:
?
This Hutton report is absolutely nothing.
Compare the death of princess Diano to David Kelly?
Which made a bigger impact?

So why does an inquiry get an instant go ahead for a relative unknown, whereas Princess Diana's death, in the wake of all new theories around, the English government will still not issue an inquiry. Even the Scottish have accepted to the inquiry demanded by Al Fayed.
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i still think there was something dodgy with teh Diana death. I jsut can't see they did not have an inquiery. That doesn't necessarily mean she was bumped off but there was definately mistakes in term of procedure.

Also what i want to know is why did her body guard let a supposedly "drink" man drive the princess. Also why she was not wearning a seat belt.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emom100)
i still think there was something dodgy with teh Diana death. I jsut can't see they did not have an inquiery. That doesn't necessarily mean she was bumped off but there was definately mistakes in term of procedure.

Also what i want to know is why did her body guard let a supposedly "drink" man drive the princess. Also why she was not wearning a seat belt.

they are having an inquiry...its just started, they couldnt start sooner because the french hadnt finnished thiers.

love Katy ***
What's Chico Time Precious?
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i'm just glad its over so they can get on with what they are supposed to do, run the country
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm not going to sit here and cry, "conspiracy! whitewash!" but does anyone think it was a little easy on the government?
I by no means want to demonise the government, or put all the blame at their door, but (although I have obviously not read the whole report) it seems to me that not all the issues where addressed fully, or if they were they are not being given proper attention by the media.

I have to admit that I have a bit of a bugbear with Lord Hutton, after his defence of the British government in front of the E.U. over hunam rights abuses in N.I.
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

A) Lord Hutton is Labourite
B) As if any new findings were going to come out.....I mean, it would be not great shakes for British intelligience to cover their tracks over Kelly
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads