Turn on thread page Beta

Hmmm, I don't know what to do? Any advice??? watch

Right, so basically, cutting a long story short (as short as i can make it)

Me and my girlfriend of nearly 2 years broke up 2 weeks ago over a stupid argument. We've been through a lot worse and stayed together, she just had enough this time, and I totally understand that.

I want to get back with her, obviously, because we've honestly been through a lot worse, and it's been amazing after the bad times.

So I decided to talk to her about it, she came to mine... and, well... not much talking was done, if you get what I mean. But at the end of the night she told me she loved me, which I believed.

I thought it was all good, and sorted, until the next time I saw her, we shared a smile from across the room so I went over, and we had a laugh and hugged, and I asked if we were okay, and she said she didn't know

I thought I'd just give her some time to think and everything, so I did, and when we went to talk again, the subject kept getting avoided. But I don't get it, everyone says we act like boyfriend and girlfriend when we're not even in a relationship.
    And I'm happy being like this with her, but I'd be a lot happier knowing she was mine. But I've asked once for her to get back with me, and she said she doesn't want too at the moment.

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    You pair of soppy ***** lol

ReputationRep:
    awwww!!

umm well give her some space to just be by herself and when she's had time discuss why your not together and if she cant give a reason then suggest getting back together.....

communication is the key to everything!! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shy-girl666)
    awwww!!

umm well give her some space to just be by herself and when she's had time discuss why your not together and if she cant give a reason then suggest getting back together.....

^ This ^

Impressed that this is coming from a self-confessed "shy-girl" - someone who often finds it hard to communicate ;D

ReputationRep:
    You should read the last thread I made .. Its the best advice you'll get on this! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steve collins)
    ^ This ^

Impressed that this is coming from a self-confessed "shy-girl" - someone who often finds it hard to communicate ;D
    haha i luv it. and how would you know if i find it hard to communicate? :rolleyes: lol x

ReputationRep:
    Due to the word 'shy' being part of your name?
    that and i stalk you 24 hours a day and have cameras placed everywhere of course :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, its confusing this. Right, don't leave it for too long she'll think you aren't bothered about them. Women like you to prove that you want them. But that doesn't mean doing something outlandish like going outside her bedroom window with a boombox. Be a man, and demand her that you two talk things through and decide whats going to happen. I was in a somewhat similar situation, and by giving her too much space I basically ruined our relationship, which is no more. This advice is what I would do, but only you know what you actually need to pal. Wishing all the best

ReputationRep:
    Back to the heart of the issue... why the hell are none of us asleep? 0_0

ReputationRep:
    Unemployment leads to very odd sleeping patterns haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    Unemployment leads to very odd sleeping patterns haha
    As does insomnia and idiocy

Ahh, its confusing this. Right, don't leave it for too long she'll think you aren't bothered about them. Women like you to prove that you want them. But that doesn't mean doing something outlandish like going outside her bedroom window with a boombox. Be a man, and demand her that you two talk things through and decide whats going to happen. I was in a somewhat similar situation, and by giving her too much space I basically ruined our relationship, which is no more. This advice is what I would do, but only you know what you actually need to pal. Wishing all the best
    Fantastic advice, nice to hear from experience, thanks man She's coming to mine on Sunday, just to chill, and talk, honest haha. So I'll see where it gets me, hopefully back with her haha. But you know, whatever happens, happens, i suppose. I don't want to be broken up from her, but if i cant do anything then what can i do? I'm not superman, times like this I wish I hadnt fell into that bat cave and pursued a career as batman :/// ahhhahaha just kidding ;D thanks a lot

awwww!!

aww thanks, it's nice to get a girls view point on this I guess I'll just make her feel as special as I can

A sensible question though... I've always been a sucker for girls, If I think I have something amazing, I don't like to give
    up, and I always end up getting hurt, surprise surprise haha.

But when would you guys say is the most sensible time to just pack it in and move on? (Hoping it doesnt come to this haha) I'll keep you's posted though Thanks again, everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Bin her, she's playing with your emotions.

ReputationRep:
    Don't give her space. Up the flirting to eleven, drop any talk of relationships. Make her want you again. If she cheats on you, move on.

Relationships are stressful. She may want the fun of you without any responsibilities. As long as she remains faithful, that's not too bad a deal. And the more you do stuff together the more she'll want you.

Do you know why she left you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steve collins)
    Back to the heart of the issue... why the hell are none of us asleep? 0_0
    i'll try to keep the noise down! sorry bout that.

Just an update on this...

We're back together, and to be honest, It's better then it has ever been over the 2 years :|

It was so unexpected, I upped the flirtation as someone suggested and she ended up asking me to get back with her
    I said yes, obviously, as it was my fault why we broke up in the first place.

We talk about everything now, no matter how upset it makes us, it's better then keeping it all in.

Thanks to everyone who helped, and seriously, get some sleep ;D

50 house points for each of you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.