ReputationRep:
    Well at least you're honest.

ReputationRep:
    Ibuprofen

20ml of a drug that I don't know

the air mask

And shock him

ReputationRep:
    Ibuprofen won't do anything. He already has an air mask. And he doesn't need shocking as his heart is beating, unless you wanted to kill him.

ReputationRep:
    I would just sing this,

ReputationRep:
    Strangely, that is the most correct answer yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by u4m1r)
    I would just sing this,

LOL

ReputationRep:
    Patient have any bleeding disorders? Previous diseases? CVS problems as they are 78 .. Perhaps respiratory problems? Wat medications?

ReputationRep:
    None. Previously fit and well (rare at 78 but it does happen!).

ReputationRep:
    From my limited understanding of medicine there's probs going to be some bone marrow or someother nasty crap floating around his bloodstream from the fractured humerus.

Once he's been revived again - I'd probably look into that, as a likely cause of the problems.

Given that he's the age he is, and that he's just survived being runover, but his body keeps giving up on him, in honesty I wouldn't say he has much of a prognosis, sadly.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ask me again in 5/6 years.. maybe I'll be useful than my current :zomg: :dontknow: state

Think I might just sit and watch what's meant to be done :lurk:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ_Black)
    From my limited understanding of medicine there's probs going to be some bone marrow or someother nasty crap floating around his bloodstream from the fractured humerus.

Once he's been revived again - I'd probably look into that, as a likely cause of the problems.

Given that he's the age he is, and that he's just survived being runover, but his body keeps giving up on him, in honesty I wouldn't say he has much of a prognosis, sadly.
    No this is wrong ... If the patients has presented as being fit and well previously on no medications then you can never render it as a negative prognosis.... You need to be more optimistic and and find solutions quick and fast ... Although this situation is never real because the patient must ... MUST be on some medications and have some cvs, bleeding, repiratory disorder .... What is the reason for asking such a question anyway OP ..?

ReputationRep:
    give him a shot of whiskey and a kick up the hole and send him on his way

ReputationRep:
    Did you make a mistake on your first day as a junior doc? .....

ReputationRep:
    Can I cover the open wound and get Xrays of Chest, cervical spine and pelvis please...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insomnia)
    No this is wrong ... If the patients has presented as being fit and well previously on no medications then you can never render it as a negative prognosis.... You need to be more optimistic and and find solutions quick and fast ... Although this situation is never real because the patient must ... MUST be on some medications and have some cvs, bleeding, repiratory disorder .... What is the reason for asking such a question anyway OP ..?
    I don't know if you're a doctor, but that honestly the stupidest doctrine I've ever heard (nothing personal).

I could be a tee-totalling, vegetarian, Olympian, but if I get ****ed up in an car accident, I will get ****ed up in a car accident.

Fair enough your medical history/what shape your body was in before the accident, can determine your recovery/resistance to the injuries, but after a certain point, it cannot compensate for a massive trauma.

(Moreover any recovery/resistance ability must surely be reduced due in no small part to the seniority of his years)

Not being pessimistic (as you seem to think I am), just realistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ_Black)

He doesn't have a bloodstream, so there is nothing for "nasty crap" to float around in, whether it "probably" be bone marrow or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pbowenroe)
    give him a shot of whiskey and a kick up the hole and send him on his way
    Good answer! Seriously!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insomnia)
    Did you make a mistake on your first day as a junior doc? .....
    I made loads. In fact I don't think I did anything right at all.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.