Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ_Black)
    Wow - Critically deconstruct a non serious comment, to remove all and any humour from the situation.
    Way to kill a joke.
    Ohhh... it was a joke! I do apologise if I've offended you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insomnia)
    how can u post a patients pelvis x-ray on a student forum .... That is confidential to the patient ??! Why ask such a question on a forum anyway you should ask your senior ...(registrar) ....?!

"Clive? Is... is that you?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)

LOL ... Yeah i know .. but stilll .. Its slightly unprofessional in my opinion .. Not something I'd ever do....

ReputationRep:
    What is that extra thing on the x-ray? Kind of like a big paperclip..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Oops! I knew someone would recognise that shattered pelvis. Oh well, GMC hearing for me in the morning!

ReputationRep:
    LOL ... Yeah i know .. but stilll .. Its slightly unprofessional in my opinion .. Not something I'd ever do....
    It's really not. It's a black and white picture. It'd be more unprofessional to tag a photo of someone on facebook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeC)
    What is that extra thing on the x-ray? Kind of like a big paperclip..
    I've been trying to work that out myself. I think it's one of the metal buckles on the straps use to pin him to the trolley/spinal board.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    78 year olds are walking around at around 11pm (guessing it's taken an hour or so to get him/her to the hospital and arrange for x-rays etc?)

What's the patient doing around at that time :beard:

You keep pumping blood into the patient so rush the patient into surgery to stop the bleeding somehow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    78 year olds are walking around at around 11pm (guessing it's taken an hour or so to get him/her to the hospital and arrange for x-rays etc?)

What's the patient doing around at that time :beard:

You keep pumping blood into the patient so rush the patient into surgery to stop the bleeding somehow?
    Probably just left the pub I imagine. We need a surgeon to do the operation! And he's on his way in!

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: If there's no identifying information...

ReputationRep:
    Um, if the ortho reg doesn't hurry up this guy could die?

In the meantime:

Call theatres to ask the staff to set up for the case/put him on the trauma list so the theatre is ready to roll then the ortho reg arrives?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Um, if the ortho reg doesn't hurry up this guy could die?

In the meantime:

Call theatres to ask the staff to set up for the case/put him on the trauma list?
    Hope he drives something quite fast eh!!? lol ..

ReputationRep:
    Hope he drives something quite fast eh!!? lol ..
    Yeah?
    Knowing orthopods, um probably?

ReputationRep:
    Cool case, hope he made it

ITs obvious there is a mahoosive pelvic fracture alongside his femur fracture which obviously can lead to desanguination , so he needs urgent theatre for repair...in the mean time i would try and keep him as haemodynamically stable as possible, with fluids and transfusions and continue very close monitoring and pray he gets taken away in time

ReputationRep:
    Knowing orthopods, um probably?
    Um definitely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carpediemxx)

ITs obvious there is a mahoosive pelvic fracture alongside his femur fracture
    So fracture to neck of femur (??) + what would you call the pelvic fracture? I'm not familiar with pelvic fractures. Hell, it looks kinda wonky (??), but I don't know how you would describe it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electricjon)
    Um definitely.
    How's Manc med school?

ReputationRep:
    So fracture to neck of femur (??) + what would you call the pelvic fracture? I'm not familiar with pelvic fractures. Hell, it looks kinda wonky (??), but I don't know how you would describe it.
    It's a mahoosive (massive) pelvic fracture. No other way to describe it really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electricjon)
    It's a mahoosive (massive) pelvic fracture. No other way to describe it really!
    Ok. Is there a left neck of femur fracture as well?

ReputationRep:
    cut him open and start clamping **** like in the movies, and pack him with some celox

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.