The Student Room Group

Wanna know what is getting me through this studying process?

Luxos.com .... Materialistic I know .. but I literally have no motivation just now to study any more and exams are creeping up ...
Any other non-materialistic ways to to motivate us through the studying ? What do you do? I have de-activated fb .. but have replaced that by using this more....
And gd luck to any aspiring dentists or current students!! ....
Reply 1
Insomnia? :o:
Reply 2
Original post by n1r4v
Insomnia? :o:

Yeahhh!!! Don't go to sleep until 9!
Reply 3
Original post by Insomnia
Luxos.com .... Materialistic I know .. but I literally have no motivation just now to study any more and exams are creeping up ...
Any other non-materialistic ways to to motivate us through the studying ? What do you do? I have de-activated fb .. but have replaced that by using this more....
And gd luck to any aspiring dentists or current students!! ....

I'm a medic...

- Ask mods to ban you from TSR!
- There's a recession on, keep studying and get qualified!
- Look at shiny expensive things you can buy when you're a dr/dentist
nothing. Inspiration avoids me.
Reply 5
Original post by No Future
I'm a medic...

- Ask mods to ban you from TSR!
- There's a recession on, keep studying and get qualified!
- Look at shiny expensive things you can buy when you're a dr/dentist

I Like this... Future med ... how do u study ?
Reply 6
I Like this... Future med ... how do u study ?

Go through the lecture slides whilst trying to answer the learning objectives, making notes on key points and trying to memorize everything....because they ask us literally anything! :frown:
Reply 7
Go through the lecture slides whilst trying to answer the learning objectives, making notes on key points and trying to memorize everything....because they ask us literally anything! :frown:

Yeah same .. I've like got the longest studying process ... Re-write all lectures plus additional clinical points ... Then discuss what i've learnt with group mates and then re -read all my notes and then go back and bullet point main points from each topic ive studied .. Now this when a student cries at the thought of wishing he was able to just read and learn
Reply 8
Yeah same .. I've like got the longest studying process ... Re-write all lectures plus additional clinical points ... Then discuss what i've learnt with group mates and then re -read all my notes and then go back and bullet point main points from each topic ive studied .. Now this when a student cries at the thought of wishing he was able to just read and learn

I know. I have to make notes on my notes. And then notes on my notes and maybe a diagram/mindmap or two.

Yep and put the clinical points in a little box or on a post it note.

In fact, post it notes are really handy for highlighting key points on notes, on your wall..
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
why are you up at silly o' clock? get on with your work guys. i dont want to be treated by a clumsy dr/dentist in the future.
Reply 10
Original post by KNOB-head
why are you up at silly o' clock? get on with your work guys. i dont want to be treated by a clumsy dr/dentist in the future.

Nob Head ... Trust me, every patient of mine will be safe in my hands ...... When the cash comes rolling in then trust me I will be in the most comfiest bed you could imagine getting all thast beauty sleep before setting of to work and treating patients .. That build in confidence in you to trust future docs/dentists?
Reply 11
I know. I have to make notes on my notes. And then notes on my notes and maybe a diagram/mindmap or two.

Yep and put the clinical points in a little box or on a post it note.

In fact, post it notes are really handy for highlighting key points on notes, on your wall..

Hmmm ... Not much help tbh .. I do all of what u do .. I'm looking for something a bit different!
Hmmm ... Not much help tbh .. I do all of what u do .. I'm looking for something a bit different!

Like what?

Sometimes I work with a friend, if you work with the right person can be v motivating and you can teach each other/do quick fire questions. Questioning each other helps.
Reply 13
Nob Head ... Trust me, every patient of mine will be safe in my hands ...... When the cash comes rolling in then trust me I will be in the most comfiest bed you could imagine getting all thast beauty sleep before setting of to work and treating patients .. That build in confidence in you to trust future docs/dentists?

ok calm down... i was just trying to be affable. i hope your first patient has colon/rectal problems.
Reply 14
Original post by KNOB-head
ok calm down... i was just trying to be affable. i hope your first patient has colon/rectal problems.

LOL me to ... i'd just refer them to a GP ... I'm a Dental ..
U r an actual Nobhead ..!!HA
Yeahhh!!! Don't go to sleep until 9!

How are you able to go to the lectures then?
Reply 16
Original post by Munchies-YumYum
How are you able to go to the lectures then?

Im on study leave :biggrin: and yeah i'm seriously nocturnal
Reply 17
Can't remember who said it but yeah, a study-buddy helps. Orrr, you could do what I do: laze about and feel guilty for a couple weeks, practically fail your trial exams because you were up 26hours straight watching some old sitcom and then come to the reliasation '****, I gotta study or my future is screwed'. Then sit your exams and (hopefully) pass- flying colours not guaranteed.

Works every time ;p
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by heimlich
Can't remember who said it but yeah, a study-buddy helps. Orrr, you could do what I do: laze about and feel guilty for a couple weeks, practically fail your trial exams because you were up 26hours straight watching some old sitcom and then come to the reliasation '****, I gotta study or my future is screwed'. Then sit your exams and (hopefully) pass- flying colours not guaranteed.

Works every time ;p

Thats bad advice ... NEXT
Learn with a different mindset...with school it was fine to just study for the exams and nothing more.

At uni, enjoy it, learn to further your understanding in dentistry. It sounds cheesy, but everything becomes a whole lot more relaxed when you use your passion for the subject.

You have an incredible revision routine, but you sound like you just need to relax and calm down. Enjoy it as much as you can :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest