Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

How much different can six months make to weight/ health? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently on a gap year between years 1 and 2 at University. I'd say I'm about 2 stone overweight (maybe slightly more). I want to look good by the time I go back.

Have I enough time do you reckon if I work hard?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    In six months you can achieve a lot if you are willing to do it properly.

To lose that fat is approx 1lb per week which is easy to acheive, and in addition you could make massive inroads into your apperance with resistance training.

Key thing really is if you are determined to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    In six months you can achieve a lot if you are willing to do it properly.

To lose that fat is approx 1lb per week which is easy to acheive, and in addition you could make massive inroads into your apperance with resistance training.

Key thing really is if you are determined to do it.
    Thanks for the advice. What exactly is resistance training?

ReputationRep:
    Weight training

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foxfight04)
    I'm currently on a gap year between years 1 and 2 at University. I'd say I'm about 2 stone overweight (maybe slightly more). I want to look good by the time I go back.

Have I enough time do you reckon if I work hard?

Cheers.
    Quite a bit in 6 months

ReputationRep:
    With perfect diet and a good weights program, you could be shredded by the end of 6 months.

Nobody's going to have a perfect diet though.

ReputationRep:
    If you eat well, and understand what your body needs and when in terms of fuel then you'll get there. Diet is KEY! You hear people saying this all the time, the reason they say it is because it's true.

If you train hard and have a good, clean diet you can have the body of your dreams.

(PS: Keep hydrated!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubbiness)
    With perfect diet and a good weights program, you could be shredded by the end of 6 months.

Nobody's going to have a perfect diet though.
    why not?

OP - dedication is key, if you're dedicated, you can make big changesi n 6 months

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.