Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Peace0fM1nd)
    Yep i do agree that its only fair for her mum to ask, but OP has only mentioned half the story. I would really like to know how many times her mum had asked beforehand and i really doubt it the money was taken malicously or with intent to steal thats why a guaranDAMtee'd that her mum will giv it back.
    I know someone who's mum frequently STEALS their belongings just because they are too lazy to go out and make the money themselves.

(Original post by curtis871)
    why blame a sibling when it was the mother who did it?
    because the banks don't need to know all your business, blame it on a friend then, I was just using an example of someone else.

what the hell, the day my mum needs to take money off me will be a bloody miracle, or i better be earning bloody millions!!

(Original post by Evil Monkey)
    Oh don't worry it works both ways, we laugh at your way round it too. Be indebted to your parents? For what, bringing you into this world? Not like you had a choice about it.

If you read his first one you'd see he wouldn't have a problem with it if she was asking and all, it's the not knowing that's the problem, that can cause fair problems when you can't ever know how much money you've got left in your account. See in the English culture we value politeness.

Also, no, you don't know his mum, you can't guarantee anything.
    I don't think its all about culture really :s. Taking money from someone without their permission is always wrong though, I agree there.

OP like others have said I think there could be a reason she's taking the money? Maybe shes strapped for cash but is too embarrassed to tell you?
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jo2217)
    because the banks don't need to know all your business, blame it on a friend then, I was just using an example of someone else.
    exactly they don't even need to know that it was a brother/mother/friend or whatever. why say anything i know for me if i had been in this situation and picked one of my friends he later met her at a bar and they started dating. imagine that was your brother and she remembered (unlikely i know but still possible) she now assumes he's a thief because you chose to lie to them. if you don't want to tell them the whole story that's fine but lies like this can cause big problems.

of course the other alternative is that she assumes your a liar.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.