Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have not yet had the chance to visit these Uni's but as the deadline is coming up, was wondering what people's opinions are on these Uni's? Looking for good location, nightlife and accommodation!

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    dnt apply, waste of money

ReputationRep:
    Anything but the east side of London lol

ReputationRep:
    Erm, location wise, London Met is probably best, although to be honest, they're rather abysmal universities.

ReputationRep:
    My other choice was Leeds Met, what are the general thoughts on that?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What are your grades and what you want to do as a degree?

These 3 unis aren't exactly strong.

So my advice is, if you can do better, do better. :P

ReputationRep:
    Emily take a gap year, do a foundation year somewhere respectable and get onto the course you want to do at the same university you did your foundation year at. Dont go to these unis they're not good at all and usually frowned upon. Like i said a lot of unis will still have places on their foundation years. Do that and just transfer onto the course you want to do. Look into the university of Leeds. Im on the foundation year here. They allow you to tranfer to any course withing leeds uni but i applied through ucas and got 5 offers! so my advice is dont wast time or money at any of these! Dont make THE mistake of your life. Sorry for being blunt.

ReputationRep:
    Applied to do psychology and at a level i got an A,B and a d at AS level. Doing an a level in biology now with ICS. So with a C in biology, I will have 300 which won't get me very far when it comes to psch! Leeds met is my highest option but they require a C which isnt looking good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily90)
    Applied to do psychology and at a level i got an A,B and a d at AS level. Doing an a level in biology now with ICS. So with a C in biology, I will have 300 which won't get me very far when it comes to psch! Leeds met is my highest option but they require a C which isnt looking good
    Ring the university of leeds up and talk to someone about the foundation year! trust me people i know got on with hardly any qualifications. The whole point of it is to help people without the right qualifications get onto good courses at good unis
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    With 300 points you can go to a much much better place than those 3 unis! Trust me!

Have a loook at this > http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...Degree_Courses

Look at the entry requirements and apply. BBB is not too bad at all.

ReputationRep:
    My worry was what the league tables said in relation to the average intake of UCAS points...most were well above 300 and at the time, I was quite happy to settle for just getting into Uni lol but kind of changing my mind! Cheers for all the help especially with the psych table!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    My worry was what the league tables said in relation to the average intake of UCAS points...most were well above 300 and at the time, I was quite happy to settle for just getting into Uni lol but kind of changing my mind! Cheers for all the help especially with the psych table!
    its fine.

its good to lring up some unis. anywhere will be better than those 3 that you list tbh.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.