Turn on thread page Beta

First ever size 16 girl reaches Miss England competiton watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    All i learnt is i'm ****ing never going to Surrey.

ReputationRep:
    Not a pretty face, and a very round round body. Miss Surrey? Dear God.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ll-health.html

This one has a pic with few clothes on.

ReputationRep:
    I think she would look better if she was like size 15 or 14 instead?She's got a good figure but there's a bit too much on her face.

ReputationRep:
    Wrong...Tara Lynn wins every time

She's size 16 and a plus size model...a lot of plus size models are pretty..and it has nothing to do with being a size 16:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by When will I know?)

She's size 16 and a plus size model...a lot of plus size models are pretty..and it has nothing to do with being a size 16:rolleyes:

She's so lucky to have no fat around her face! I'm a 12 and have a much less defined face than hers...

ReputationRep:
    Nothing hotter than a double chin aye lads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightburns)

OH GOD WHY WOULD YOU INFLICT SUCH A THING ON US!!

You need to warn people before we click links like that.

ReputationRep:

Now SHE'S gorgeous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightburns)

Everyone's being over the top in this thread about weight. I think we lose sight of what is actually deemed a normal and healthy weight by medical standards. You'll probably find that the size 6's a lot of the young men and some of the girls seem to idolise are lower BMI's than what is considered healthy, be they natural or not. I don't think we should be aspiring to be a size 6 or 8 just as much if our body frames don't suit it.

20-25 is what's considered ideal, healthwise.

This Chloe - she's only slightly overweight if we are going by BMI.
    26? That's not enough to put you at serious risk of disease. She's only at the very beginning end of the overweight category. She's hardly a beach whale and isn't even nearly obese.

It's actually healthier to be slightly overweight and physically active than having a BMI of say, 23 and be a boozing, smoking lazy person who eats no fruit and veg. I studied nutrition for 4 years and know this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    She's so lucky to have no fat around her face! I'm a 12 and have a much less defined face than hers...

I think it's more of an age thing tbh...she's older, and your face becomes more defined as grow..so dont worry

I guess thats why she's a model too..because a lot of people at that size (16) dont really have a defined face and so dont look as attractive as they could be. She's a model due to her face structure and not really her body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callum828)
    OH GOD WHY WOULD YOU INFLICT SUCH A THING ON US!!

You need to warn people before we click links like that.
    I said "This one has a pic with few clothes on."
    ... Maybe I should have said "This one has a pic with few clothes on and will eat your eyes!"

(Original post by Eveiebaby)
    Everyone's being over the top in this thread about weight. I think we lose sight of what is actually deemed a normal and healthy weight by medical standards. You'll probably find that the size 6's a lot of the young men and some of the girls seem to idolise are lower BMI's than what is considered healthy, be they natural or not. I don't think we should be aspiring to be a size 6 or 8 just as much if our body frames don't suit it.

26? That's not enough to put you at serious risk of disease. She's only at the very beginning end of the overweight category. She's hardly a beach whale and isn't even nearly obese.

It's actually healthier to be slightly overweight and physically active than having a BMI of say, 23 and be a boozing, smoking lazy person who eats no fruit and veg. I studied nutrition for 4 years and know this.
    Sure thing, she's not obese, just overweight. You have to admit though, her body has a LOT of flab.

Maybe I notice it more because both my primary school and secondary school were full of healthy people who ate healthily, didn't overeat, and did exercise. So very few people were anywhere near her flab level. I just haven't had much exposure to obesity. So it shocks me easily.

ReputationRep:
    She's pretty, but she isn't mind-blowingly stunning like a Miss England contestant should be. She looks like several past english teachers.

ReputationRep:

I think it's more of an age thing tbh...she's older, and your face becomes more defined as grow..so dont worry

I guess thats why she's a model too..because a lot of people at that size (16) dont really have a defined face and so dont look as attractive as they could be. She's a model due to her face structure and not really her body.
    No it's just the that fat goes to round my jawline :P

You're right, a lot of the plus sized models could be a skinny person on a fat(ter) person's body. A lot of them are really tall too, so they don't look as big as they actually are (eg a 6 foot size 12 is probably going to look slimmer than a 5 foot size 12 due to different bone structures. My friend is size 12 and has barely any fat on her, it's just that her hip bones are so wide :P). I think often the 'plus size' models have just as unattainable looks as the skinnier ones.

ReputationRep:
    It's obviously a publicity stunt The girl is frankly average looking.

I'm sure there are some stunning size 16 girls out there; she's not one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    Ignoring her size (which I think is great that she reached that far with), she's not that pretty.
    She really isn't, 5/10 max.

ReputationRep:
    Man the harpoons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Interesting that some guys say NO and some are saying YES
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)

Hey, are you saying it's okay to be a size 16 but not a size 6? You can't give it one way but not the other. Do you see how that's unfair? I'm size 6 and I assure you, I'm not at any serious health risk. -.- I'm not going to go into it right now, but why can't people like you accept that size 16 can be a lovely weight but that smaller sizes can also?! I'm sick of girls being spiteful to us smaller ones. We should celebrate variety! I'd love to see a magazine or some kind of fashion media that shows small petite girls, tall ones, short ones, normal ones, big, thin, etc..... hopefully one day people will realize that as long as it's not too extreme either way; any size can be beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    eurghhh I need to vomit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)
    Hey, are you saying it's okay to be a size 16 but not a size 6? You can't give it one way but not the other. Do you see how that's unfair? I'm size 6 and I assure you, I'm not at any serious health risk. -.- I'm not going to go into it right now, but why can't people like you accept that size 16 can be a lovely weight but that smaller sizes can also?! I'm sick of girls being spiteful to us smaller ones.
    Whoa...

All I said was interesting that some guys said NO and some said YES.

I didn't say size 6 was bad or size 16 was good.

Why do you think I'm hating on slim girls? I'm not. I don't think I said anything spiteful and I'm not a "bigger" girl.

I think the girl is a bit too fat tbh. She looks bigger than size 16. I don't believe her BMI is 26, unless she has no muscle at all.

ReputationRep:
    She's ugly, nuff said.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.