Turn on thread page Beta

First ever size 16 girl reaches Miss England competiton watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Whoa...

All I said was interesting that some guys said NO and some said YES.

I didn't say size 6 was bad or size 16 was good.

Why do you think I'm hating on slim girls? I'm not.

I think the girl is a bit too fat tbh. She looks bigger than size 16.
    Ooops! Sorry I didn't mean you, I just meant to quote the other girl.

ReputationRep:
    Ideal body type right there. She looks great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)
    Ooops! Sorry I didn't mean you, I just meant to quote the other girl.
    Ok fair enough

ReputationRep:
    Why's she wearing a tracksuit?

ReputationRep:
    Shes not hot at all. Nothing to do with her size, just shes not hot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)
    Hey, are you saying it's okay to be a size 16 but not a size 6? You can't give it one way but not the other. Do you see how that's unfair? I'm size 6 and I assure you, I'm not at any serious health risk. -.- I'm not going to go into it right now, but why can't people like you accept that size 16 can be a lovely weight but that smaller sizes can also?! I'm sick of girls being spiteful to us smaller ones. We should celebrate variety! I'd love to see a magazine or some kind of fashion media that shows small petite girls, tall ones, short ones, normal ones, big, thin, etc..... hopefully one day people will realize that as long as it's not too extreme either way; any size can be beautiful.
    I said that neither should be something we should aspire to (we should aspire to be between 20-25) but there is a complete overeaction to the body of someone who is not far off a healthy weight. Being medically underweight or overweight isnt a good thing and how bad that is depends on both to what extent you are overweight/underweight as well as your composition and lifestyle. Chloe is only barely overweight. People are being silly as I reckon they'd probably rate someone with a BMI of 17.

I am not a size 16 or a size 6. I just think that there is a lot more disproportionate ****ging off for bigger girls and in particular this girl in this thread and I hear a lot of glorification of very small sizes from the young men and women of TSR. I remember a thread yesterday written by this guy who moaned that his girlfriend was fat at size 10 which is really frickin ridiculous.

Complete loss of reality I think.

ReputationRep:
    she is a flourfatty...

ReputationRep:
    I bet you she didn't win it.

She looks like Miss Piggy - as harsh as it sounds, that was the image that came to mind/

ReputationRep:
    Well done to her.. But i really don't find her that attractive. The whole double chin thing :/

ReputationRep:
    Old news but it's still a shame she didn't win. About the only Miss England contestant I've ever found attractive.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather see people of my size in competitions and on tv.
    Everyone seems either a lot smaller or a lot bigger.

I'm 5ft6 size 8-10

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know its shocking that they make them walk. The last size 16 chick who tried it gave up in Scotland, did this one cheat and cling on to the back of a bus or something?

ReputationRep:
    It's more a reflection of the general poor standards of English girls that something like that can even think about entering any sort of 'beauty' contest.

ReputationRep:
    Because it is encouraging people to be overweight, saying it's attractive is like saying it's okay, she does have a pretty face though

ReputationRep:
    She's not as pretty as you'd expect her to be, y'know, considering it's a beauty pageant and all.

ReputationRep:
    No way is she a size 16 she looks much bigger. :/ That sounds mean but really, come on, she's not even attractive and you can sort of see camel toe in those sweatpants. (yh i feel a bit *****y but nm)

ReputationRep:
    Was she really 16 years old when that was taken?
    I would of guessed 25-30!

ReputationRep:
    These 'miss X' shows never really consist of very attractive women. Just greatly proportioned women. Very little of it is to do with the face. Just good symmetry/proportions.

ReputationRep:
    Good for her, but she'd look better if she lost weight. I'm not saying larger girls can't be pretty, but it's not the flab that makes them pretty (and lets not kid ourselves, there is a difference between flab and curves). Society has got to the point where being too thin has become so extreme, we've backlashed, and now we're promoting obesity. There is nothing wrong with being a size 12, no woman should be expected to starve themselves, but there's nothing attractive about being size 16 over size 12. The reason models are thin is because being thin is simply more attractive, I'm not talking size 0, that's disgusting, but not this either.

ReputationRep:
    These publicity stunts really annoy me. I need some motivation to lose weight and so do a lot of other people, and if the media keep shoving pics of chunkies in our faces and telling us "it's alright to be like this!" then we are gonna end up with a nation of overweight people who ultimately will be a burden on society.

If my family hadn't constantly told me how disgusting and fat I am and how much I fail at life I woulda never started losing weight. In some situations these insults are damn goood!

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.