Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which one would you pick outta the four and why?

Jarratt - Biggest room available on campus, ensuite and fairly reasonable in comparison to the other ensuites

For student experience/fun:
    1. Tennis
    2. Mason
    3. Elgar
    4. Jarratt

For flat niceness:
    1. Mason
    =2. Jarratt
    =2. Elgar
    4. Tennis

Mason: very very expensive, a lot of people there but everyone quite posh, rich, but nice. En suite
    Tennis: EVERYONE seemed to have fun, small kitchen/living area but decentish rooms. Shared bathroom.
    Elgar: only saw it once, know people that were there and had a really good time
    Jarratt: close to campus, full of post-grads & foreign-exchange students. not good for freshers.

I voted tennis courts.

I was at Hunter Court.

hope i helped!

I hear Jarratt has more second and third year people in it.

I picked Elgar as my first choice and I sincerly hope I get Elgar. Tennis is my second choice.

As the above poster(s) said Jarratt mainly holds 2nd year and 3rd year people.

You want to be on the Vale for first year, where the majority of the Fresher's live.

Mason is not worth the money plus some of the people there are a little stuck up because its 'Mason'.

Elgar/Tennis Courts I recommend.

The Vale is the best place to be generally! (not that it matter's if your not there, its more about who your with than where you live, it's just easy for uni and seeing other people on The Vale..)

I live in Mason and loveeee it! However it is expensive and arguably not worth the money! Not that I'd be anywhere else now! Haha people do sometimes say Masoners are stuck up, but its usually just a joke, friendly banter between the halls.

Tennis Courts are nice, but not en suite. Because of their size they do appear to go out a lot as a hall (not that this matters, because everyone does to start with then you go out with your friends)

Elgar is good, just a slightly further walk up a hill :P but not as nice flat space as Mason..
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.