Turn on thread page Beta

I TOLD YOU SO!!! Former CIA agent blows off lid on Libyan Intervention watch

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, do we care why NATO is intervening? We all know they pick and choose where they intervene for their own reasons, otherwise they'd be involved in all these other atrocities going on around the world, but I'd rather have them prevent a madman commiting mass murder for the wrong reasons than not prevent him at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeC)
    I'm probably the wrong person to ask, I read the news but I'm not 100% clued up on the whole situation, I doubt anyone is though anyway. Why do you ask me?
    Well in your original post you said it was just his opinion, and opinions count for nothing. So I was just wondering what facts we knew about the invasion/intervention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Concept186)
    Tbh, do we care why NATO is intervening? We all know they pick and choose where they intervene for their own reasons, otherwise they'd be involved in all these other atrocities going on around the world, but I'd rather have them prevent a madman commiting mass murder for the wrong reasons than not prevent him at all.
    For their OWN REASONS?

I think you have forgotten what a government is supposed to do...

It's not for their own reasons, it's for OIL. Plain and simple, the corporations up top are running out of energy.

The economy was built on an infinite growth paradigm, resources and energy are FINITE.

Do some research, watch a film called Collapse by Michael Ruppert. This information is out there, it all becomes clear once you stop listening to mainstream media - you just have to find it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seriouslyc)
    For their OWN REASONS?

It's not for their own reasons, it's for OIL. Plain and simple, the corporations up top are running out of energy.

The economy was built on an infinite growth paradigm, resources and energy are FINITE.

Do some research, watch a film called Collapse by Michael Ruppert. This information is out there, it all becomes clear once you stop listening to mainstream media - you just have to find it.
    Oil is their own reasons. This is exactly what I meant. And I don't care if they're doing it for the sake of oil, I'd rather they prevent a madman from massacring people for personal gain rather than just left him do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yituool)
    Forgot about Libya, The West are planning to steal Cocoa from the Ivory Coast!
    And the diamondz!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    And the diamondz!:eek:
    No, everyone knows that in these times Cocoa is a far more valuable resource

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Concept186)
    Oil is their own reasons. This is exactly what I meant. And I don't care if they're doing it for the sake of oil, I'd rather they prevent a madman from massacring people for personal gain rather than just left him do it.
    Yeah ok, I'm not saying it's fine for Gaddhafi to murder his own people, but you've got to start wondering if these claims were exaggerated for political purposes...

And we let other dictators around the world continue...

Also please supply the evidence that a country is better off after we've been in there and taken control?

Iraq? Afghanistan?

I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darknessbehold.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDVt_...layer_embedded
    This source is from CNN - which is a pretty major news channel.

Over the past few decades, there have been some very real genocides happening all over Africa, but the U.S. never seemed to care about any of those.
    But now the mainstream media has been trying really hard to spin the civil war in Libya into a “great humanitarian crisis”.

Of course Scheuer was exactly right. We never should have gotten involved in the civil war in Libya. It was none of our business. When the rebels picked up arms and started shooting at government forces, they should not have been surprised when Gadhafi’s forces started shooting back.

HAHA, I was right from my previous thread that the Libyan Intervention is WRONG, was planned WAY BEFORE and Qaddafi is just being used as a mere SCAPEGOAT
    And you thought we "conspiracy nuts" were a bunch of retards :rolleyes:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post30614365

I TOLD YOU SO!!
    :banana:
    Did your main account get banned? I hope so, admins should ban more conspiracy nuts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darknessbehold.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDVt_...layer_embedded
    This source is from CNN - which is a pretty major news channel.

Over the past few decades, there have been some very real genocides happening all over Africa, but the U.S. never seemed to care about any of those.
    But now the mainstream media has been trying really hard to spin the civil war in Libya into a “great humanitarian crisis”.

Of course Scheuer was exactly right. We never should have gotten involved in the civil war in Libya. It was none of our business. When the rebels picked up arms and started shooting at government forces, they should not have been surprised when Gadhafi’s forces started shooting back.

HAHA, I was right from my previous thread that the Libyan Intervention is WRONG, was planned WAY BEFORE and Qaddafi is just being used as a mere SCAPEGOAT
    And you thought we "conspiracy nuts" were a bunch of retards :rolleyes:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post30614365

I TOLD YOU SO!!
    :banana:
    lol. Of course, you're right but you are still a conspiracy nut.

ReputationRep:
    For their OWN REASONS?

Question: Why Libya? Western Oil Companies are already the main brokers of all the oil in that particular country (although they don't extract it themselves, Libya National Oil does that) especially after Blair's meeting in the desert. Saudi Arabia with Saudi Aramco is the one the 'corporations' would want to invade to increase profits and oil supplies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusilero)
    Question: Why Libya? Western Oil Companies are already the main brokers of all the oil in that particular country (although they don't extract it themselves, Libya National Oil does that) especially after Blair's meeting in the desert. Saudi Arabia with Saudi Aramco is the one the 'corporations' would want to invade to increase profits and oil supplies.
    If there is a civil war in a country, the company that is extracting the oil stops. Assets change hands, between the government and the rebels.

We go in to secure the oil and make sure the flow keeps flowing.

And there's loads of other advantages of being in a war for corporate interests. Research.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeC)
    You weren't right, or at least, we don't know if you were right.

He makes some good points, but what one guy says proves NOTHING, he could be a 'conspiracy nut' too for all I know. He has no evidence of anything, it's just his opinion. He has some interesting opinions, but where facts are concerned, opinions count for nothing.
    This.

I've spent too much time on TSR. I miss facts...

ReputationRep:
    If there is a civil war in a country, the company that is extracting the oil stops. Assets change hands, between the government and the rebels.

We go in to secure the oil and make sure the flow keeps flowing.

And there's loads of other advantages of being in a war for corporate interests. Research.
    Gaddafi almost won the war before the NATO intervention. Could have won it faster if he wasn't getting international condemnation left right and centre.

Research.

ReputationRep:
    :jerry:

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how many airstrikes it will take to completely disintegrate Gaddafi forces....
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    For their OWN REASONS?

We already had oil contracts. How much money have oil companies lost because of the unrest? Oil companies need stability not war. This just makes their jobs harder

WHy screw up a good thing

ReputationRep:
    Both sides are evil, duh. The Arab riots were planned and packaged to destabilise the region and turn the Arab nations into identikit "democracies" subordinate to NWO interests. Libya was specifically targeted for direct military intervention because Gadhaffi had what it took to suppress the rebellion in his own country, and he almost succeeded. He is a very evil man too, but let's not delude ourselves that the alternative is much better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusilero)
    Gaddafi almost won the war before the NATO intervention. Could have won it faster if he wasn't getting international condemnation left right and centre.

Research.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iX-GHu3gXs

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.