Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just had quite a tiff with a close cousin..who is right? Watch

ReputationRep:
    sounds like both over-reacted a bit. you've said sorry - give her time, and she'll come around. It's not really a question of who's 'right' - you were both a bit daft. If you've apologised properly (not trying to blame her too), then I would leave her to cool off, and she'll feel bad about what she said also.

ReputationRep:
    She sounds like a noob.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeC)
    She sounds like a noob.
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    i fell out with a cousin over a similar thing and we haven't spoken since. cousins don't necessarily have unconditional love for each other, so patch it up.
    or alternatively cut her out because she sounds like an annoying b*****sh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbosomsevie)
    i fell out with a cousin over a similar thing and we haven't spoken since. cousins don't necessarily have unconditional love for each other, so patch it up.
    or alternatively cut her out because she sounds like an annoying b*****sh
    How do I patch it up now? I did apologise. What more can I do?

ReputationRep:
    What a ridiculous argument. Just tell her you want to drop it, it's going nowhere and no one is right or wrong. And if she refuses to drop it, just ignore her til she does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalaghoda)
    How do I patch it up now? I did apologise. What more can I do?
    that was what i thought, i don't care anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbosomsevie)
    that was what i thought, i don't care anymore.
    you what?

ReputationRep:
    I think she's over reacted but I can see where they are coming from.

Its as annoying as hell when you're supporting a sports team and someone who knows very little about the sport/team says "They're gunna lose" or "they're ****" without justifying it.

But yeah, nothing worth falling out over.

ReputationRep:
    What a stupid argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie901)
    I think she's over reacted but I can see where they are coming from.

Its as annoying as hell when you're supporting a sports team and someone who knows very little about the sport/team says "They're gunna lose" or "they're ****" without justifying it.

But yeah, nothing worth falling out over.
    She, admittedly does not watch cricket apart from the World Cup. I , on the other hand, love the game and follow it almost religiously and am a passionate fan. And they were losing at that point in the game, hence I said so.

ReputationRep:
    When something annoys or angers you, there's a refractory period afterwards where your judgement is clouded by the emotions
    What you should have done was recognise that what your cousin said was making you feel annoyed and then reply to it in a manner that wouldn't be interpreted as the start of an argument, same goes for your cousin I suppose

Anyway, silly argument, wait until she's cooled off a bit and then try explain what you really meant. Maybe an apology for having a go at her about her facebook statuses?

ReputationRep:
    i beg you both shut the **** up

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.