Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sexy girls have it easy and are more successful than average girls Watch

• View Poll Results: Do sexy girls have it easy than average girls?
    Yes
    87.12%
    No
    12.88%

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Pretty girls always get their own way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planto)
    What this 'documentary' shows is you have to be a little bit more creative than saying "can I have it for free," since she used a completely different approach in 'pretty' mode to the one she used in 'plain' mode.

Stupid.
    Girls who are attractive or at least who think they are attractive and so want to use it to their advantage, tend to act "random", and that is what she was doing

ReputationRep:
    Yes but 'pretty/sexy' girls don't have a nice personality.. tru fax

ReputationRep:
    That video is cringeworthy.

ReputationRep:
    ...that just proves any girl can be sexy if she wants..and it has nothing to do with their looks, but the way they present themselves and confidence.

Although she didnt look like an average girl tbh...her clothes were creased and it lookd like she didnt brush her hair ( more like she just got out of bed and got dressed in the dark)...I dont think any average girl would do that...the so called 'average' girls look a lot better in reality.

It's the same with guys too. Guys who present them selves better will get more attention than guys who dont.

ReputationRep:
    I feel extremely sorry for those guys.

Buying a girl something to try and get in her pants is most counterproductive thing you could ever do.

ReputationRep:
    How have you not noticed this before :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you to some extent. The video doesn't prove anything, though. I wonder how many taxi drivers she had to ask before she could get a free lift, for example.

ReputationRep:
    It's true in a way. If a girl makes an effort and is viewed as "sexy" then yes, she'll get away with a lot.
    In contrast, she can also find it hard to be taken seriously when applying for jobs or going for interviews for a position when she's expected to use her brain.
    Also, most girls can be "sexy" if they put a bit of effort it. It's not our fault that guys are weak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevin6767)
    Had she asked women for free stuff she wouldn't have gotten anywhere.
    WOAH! How did you work that out? /sarcasm.

ReputationRep:
    Clumped mascara :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    It works exactly the same the other way round too.

ReputationRep:
    Of course, guys are more likely to give a pretty girl something for free, because they are more likely to fancy her. But this girl was not just an average girl - she was wearing unironed clothes, a long dowdy skirt, she had bags under her eyes, unbrushed hair, and she had a really ungraceful walk. Plus the "sexy" version of her was much more flirty and cheeky; the "average" version just seemed awkward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    It works exactly the same the other way round too.
    Really? I certainly don't think as many women would give attractive men free things as much as it happens the other way round.

(Original post by NO ONE)
    Sexy girls have it easy and are more successful than average girls
    Don't be hating.

ReputationRep:
    Look at it this way. Testosterone fueled male boss pig whatever hires tall blond attractive girl and plain jane, same good qualifications, lets say they both went to UCL and read economics, and they're on a nice grad scheme.

Pretty girl has to spend lots of time on her looks, gets up earlier and goes to bed later. They both perform the same. A job comes up, one of them is going to get promoted.

Boss thinks 'I like having this hot, personable blonde around, she does nice things for me, she looks great and lots of the other bosses are envious of me. That plain jane gets on with her work and churns out pretty good stuff. Who shall I promote'?

He's only going to promote the plain jane because he's happy to let her go, he'll want to keep the hot girl around him, and she'll probably feel indispensable to him.

Being good looking is the best way to get in or get something in the short term. The problem is, people might want more off you for what they give you.

And women don't like other hot women, and many bosses may well think 'hmmm this hot girl might pose a distraction for the guys and upset my plain jane office heirachy which seems to be getting along well. Also I don't want to temp myself'.

Really, being average, especially for women, is the best, being ugly is the worst, and being beautiful is in the middle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie_girl)
    Really? I certainly don't think as many women would give attractive men free things as much as it happens the other way round.
    Au contraire. 90% of women fall over themselves to flirt with an attractive and charming young man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    Actually, I think it can work the other way as well.

I remember reading this scenario in an article a couple of months ago:
    A woman applies for a job somewhere. She is very attractive.
    Another woman applies fo the same job with the same qualities and qualifications. She is average looking.
    If one of the interviewing panel is female, which is increasingly more and more the case nowadays, the female is automatically likely to feel threatend by a potential employee who is more attractive than her, thus is more likely to be in favour of giving the job to the average-looking woman.

I actually think this is quite often the case. Of course, it's also arguable that if the panel is male dominated then they are probably more likely to be biased towards the attractive woman.
    What, like in that episode of Family Guy where Meg becomes an intern at the news station?

ReputationRep:
    Its stupid because she was flirty whe she was 'sexy' but when she was 'average' she was a bit rude tbh. Also yea, the unbrushed hair and horrible clothing doesnt equal average looking.

They should have doe it with 2 different girls, one hot, one plain and have them both act the same way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Au contraire. 90% of women fall over themselves to flirt with an attractive and charming young man.
    Not in my experience... maybe my guy friends just aren't charming enough!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.