Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Found out something I really didn't want to know... Watch

A close family friend passed away last year. We didn't really know why they died but their dad said it was from an "undiagnosed medical condition."

Today, I've found out that this what not the case and there's a whole lot more to it. The inquest has revealed so many horrible things that no-one in my family knew and my head is all over the place.

My mum picked me up college earlier and told me everything. I have an exam tomorrow and I just can't concentrate.

I can't believe it. What can I do to help myself get though it?

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could give you some brilliant advice, but I can't My thoughts are with you.

ReputationRep:
    what happened?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hey, just relax.

Go to sleep, or do something that distract you from thinking abotu it.

Watch SuperBad? ... It's a good fun, might distract a lot.

I hope it's nothing too serious considering you got exam tomorrow.

*hug*

ReputationRep:
    Your mums actually stupid for telling you before exams, sorry to be rude.

I won't say RIP either, because I never knew him, but my condolences are with you

Have a good day

ReputationRep:
    You can always get a thing from your doctor i think or someone to say that you where unable to concentrate due to the reason and your school sends it off to the exam board and they can sometimes give you extra marks and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkinFadeHaircut)
    Your mums actually stupid for telling you before exams, sorry to be rude.
    Ditto. I think she should have waited until after your exams at least. But that aside, I hope you are ok x

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry you had to find out about this, especially the day before the exam.
    I don't really have any advice, but I hope you're able to concentrate in the exam tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    i'm very sorry to hear this. try to do something to take your mind off everything like lie in your bed and watch a movie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccac94)
    You can always get a thing from your doctor i think or someone to say that you where unable to concentrate due to the reason and your school sends it off to the exam board and they can sometimes give you extra marks and stuff.
    This. I'm not sure if you'ld get it, because I think its mainly for problems with immediate relatives, but surely it's worth a try?

Talk it over with someone who cares about you, maybe a friend rather than a family member. Then try and have a good sleep and set your mind to just thinking about tomorrow.

Good luck anyway

ReputationRep:
    That was not very clever of your mother to tell you right before exams. I'm sorry to hear about that though.

ReputationRep:
    **** happens in life. What's done is done. Move on.

ReputationRep:
    What is this ****ing Lost? Give us some details

(Original post by Logi)
    What is this ****ing Lost? Give us some details
    I don't really want to post all the details on here, but it involved drugs and self-harm

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.