Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are there any drugs that make you smart? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Like in the movie Limitless.

Serious question guys, I'm not a troll lol. Can anyone suggest me any drugs which make you smart?

I'm just having troubling revising for my final exams thats all and procrastinating isn't helping. I think my case is irreversible :/
    i feel like a complete pleb.

ReputationRep:
    chillpill.

ReputationRep:
    'A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first.
    This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
    In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of alcohol eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few drinks!'

Can't remember who originally said that, but it's such a great quote!

ReputationRep:
    i know a few people who use ritalin and have heard of modafinil doing similar things.

they basically help you concentrate and do more work than make you smarter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    i know a few people who use ritalin
    finally..a serious answer. thanks

ReputationRep:
    Propranolol

ReputationRep:
    Crystal Meth

Great for the teeth too

ReputationRep:
    Redbull gives you wiings!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dentistry1)
    Propranolol
    A beta blocker?

ReputationRep:
    Literature.

Disclaimer: will not be an instant success.

ReputationRep:
    Hard work doesn't make you smart. That makes absolutely no sense.

OP, there are no pills that make you smart. You'll find some that help you concetrate and help cognative functions like memory, but it's not going to turn you into some sort of genius.

ReputationRep:
    Exercise and sex

eta: the negger isn't getting any! *snigger*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NO ONE)

Serious question guys, I'm not a troll lol. Can anyone suggest me any drugs which make you smart?

I'm just having troubling revising for my final exams thats all and procrastinating isn't helping. I think my case is irreversible :/
    Yes, they're called nootropics or 'smart drugs'. At uni what (some) people use is Ritalin. In America they use something called Adderall which is essentially better than Ritalin, but it's banned in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Hey how about omega 3 vitamins?

ReputationRep:
    Adderall (dextroamphetamine/levoamphetamine) is a common study drug. Increases concentration levels and allows people to study for ages. Its also horifically addictive, so be bloody careful if you're gonna try it out (id reccomend against it).

Id say try MDMA but you'll be so happy you wont want to work, you'll just end up hugging people at 2am.

Maybe dont do drugs and just study?

ReputationRep:
    Somebody's been watching limitless.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomInce6666)
    Adderall (dextroamphetamine/levoamphetamine) is a common study drug. Increases concentration levels and allows people to study for ages. Its also horifically addictive, so be bloody careful if you're gonna try it out (id reccomend against it).

Id say try MDMA but you'll be so happy you wont want to work, you'll just end up hugging people at 2am.

Maybe dont do drugs and just study?
    yh are there any drugs that are not illegal ?

ReputationRep:
    yh are there any drugs that are not illegal ?
    Caffeine?

ReputationRep:

Galantamine.

ReputationRep:
    Caffeine is a nootropic, but not a very effective one. MDMA is not. Amphetamines make you more productive, in some cases, but not smarter. Ritalin, some beta blockers, and modafinil, along with most popular antipsychotics, are nootropics. Supposedly, B-vitamins are good for the brain, along with fish oils, but I'm yet to encounter a properly documented scientific paper on that hypothesis.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.