Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so basically I got my certificates back from my GCSEs today, I know what my overall grades are but, i was wondering do you send all your certificates to the university that you have applied to. I am asking because I got a few certificates of the same exam but done in year 10 and 11 so a resit, but they are both certificated. So does the University get your best grade or all of them? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas guys?

ReputationRep:
    Just keep hold of the certificates that show the grades you are claiming on your application form, you'll probably have to show them to whichever university you go to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Just keep hold of the certificates that show the grades you are claiming on your application form, you'll probably have to show them to whichever university you go to.
    Ok thank you Renal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Hey, so basically I got my certificates back from my GCSEs today, I know what my overall grades are but, i was wondering do you send all your certificates to the university that you have applied to. I am asking because I got a few certificates of the same exam but done in year 10 and 11 so a resit, but they are both certificated. So does the University get your best grade or all of them? Thank you
    Put the best grade down on your application form, but before you apply call uni's and ask them if it's ok (just so you don't apply to uni's and they don't allow resits at all) and then when you start you can both sets of certificates in.

I resat an a level and I was told by the admissions tutor that I officially have the higher grade, but need to send both certificates off.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayshizzle)
    Put the best grade down on your application form, but before you apply call uni's and ask them if it's ok (just so you don't apply to uni's and they don't allow resits at all) and then when you start you can both sets of certificates in.

I resat an a level and I was told by the admissions tutor that I officially have the higher grade, but need to send both certificates off.

Hope this helps
    Ah I see well i did not resit any full GCSEs just some modules which the school made me resit because they had spare money but I did resit an English exam to get a B but I will just write that at the time of UCAS and if they ask I will say i had resat it, but all the universities I am interested in have so far approved of it. Since that was the only GCSE and no others.

Thanks again for the help!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 6, 2011

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.