Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Has any one else done this in a driving test....? watch

ReputationRep:
    My friend did this within 30 seconds of starting her test, she drove into the gate driving out of the test centre haa.

ReputationRep:
    i failed within like 10 minutes, was turning right at some traffic lights + turned too soon so i ended up in to oncoming traffic. blatent fail. i was kicking myself for the rest of the test. carried on but i was a bit teary. hahaha. don't worry, it's not the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    When I was learning my instructor told me about another pupil of hers who thought she had failed after doing something similar to you. When she got back to the test centre the examiner got her to park the car in a bay and she did it without checking mirrors/really fast. The examiner then told her that she would have passed if it weren't for her last manoeuvre! :rolleyes:

I agree with the people saying you should have continued for practice...it's not about the driving, but the test conditions/potential nervousness that you can't replicate with your instructor.

ReputationRep:
    on both my bike and car thest i was sure i had failed withing 10 min.
    i passed both first try
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    I don't really see how 30 minutes of driving was going to give me that much more experience to be honest, it's unlikely i'll get the same route again on my next test anyway
    Ive got to admit though, id want to know if ive failed when doing my test too

I don't really see how 30 minutes of driving was going to give me that much more experience to be honest, it's unlikely i'll get the same route again on my next test anyway
    It's not driving experience, it's experience of what's going to happen in the test. Once you know the full procedure you know what to expect and that alone should calm your nerves considerably. Instead you'll be going in for a second test still with no idea.

If you're a good driver, the route should be irrelevant

ReputationRep:
    You've paid for a 45 minute test which is a full appraisal of your readiness to hold a full driving license and drive unaccompanied on the roads, so to abandon at any point is a waste of your time and money. If you commit a serious or dangerous fault and know it, carry on, because if you then do another few things wrong you will come away having been debriefed on what was wrong and what you need to work on before trying again. Also, you might THINK you have failed, but you might not have. Several of my mates have said they thought they'd failed, only to pass. If they'd thrown in the towel they would have definitely failed, and then had to pay for more lessons and another test, and that ain't cheap !

ReputationRep:
    What is with people here assuming something because theres FIFTEEN minutes with no replies? Maybe a few days you can assume but that takes the biscuit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Landie_Man)
    What is with people here assuming something because theres FIFTEEN minutes with no replies? Maybe a few days you can assume but that takes the biscuit!
    errr, what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaylaleigh)
    Maye it was one where you can't see what's coming of so would need to stop anyway?
    Generally if the sign is on a blind corner or something, its a stop sign rather than a give way. Common sense always take priority though, ofcourse.

ReputationRep:
    errr, what?
    whoever started the thread said within fifteen minutes of starting it "I guess its just me then?"

ReputationRep:
    You should of have continued on with your test and got what you were paying for regardless that you hadn't passed this times. you'd also would have been familiar with that test route in the case of getting given the same one in the next test.

I passed on my 2nd attempt, on the first i knew pretty much withing the first half of the test that it was game over but yet continued the test, therefore knowing what I'd need to improve on for test 2 which i passed easily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Right Guard 3.D)
    Driving and getting no minors for 1/4 of a test obviously means you are capabale of passing
    Er no it doesn't... how about the other 3/4 of the test? Doesn't matter when you pick up serious marks, it's having them that counts against you.

ReputationRep:
    I thought I'd failed on my third test. Driving along when suddenly this drunk driving pulls out, swerving everywhere. Needless to say we both went for the brakes, and I thought that was it, my reactions mustn't been fast enough.
    Continued on with the test feeling rubbish and then I was shocked when she said I'd passed! She reported the drunk driver and then went to tell my driving instructor how well I'd done when it happened so that made me happy!

I know it's hard to continue on, but it's best to give it a shot! It would have given you a clearer idea of how close you were to passing besides that error.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alison1992)
    I asked to when i knew i'd failed and she wouldn't let me
    If the examiner has to stop you from crashing then you obviously have failed, hence why the OP did what she did

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.