ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Hi,

is that you ?

(Original post by kizzz!)
    It's Simone Heng :p:
    Lol!
    What she said.
    I'm surprised anyone on here knows, tbh. I think she's gorgeous as most mixed race kids are.

ReputationRep:
    I swear Rachel Stevens' baby looks a bit Chinese...

ReputationRep:
    Surely it depends largely on which side is oriental. Its probably not true tho isnt the looks more influenced by the race of the mother?

ReputationRep:

LOVE HER

Shes dutch on her dads side and chinese on her moms side

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smurf2.0)
    Surely it depends largely on which side is oriental. Its probably not true tho isnt the looks more influenced by the race of the mother?
    That something I've always wondered. I asked a while back and got flamed for it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dogatonic)
    It really depends on the person. Both Karen Mok and Alexa Chung are biracial, but they look very different.
    Alexa Chung = 3/4 white, 1/4 Chinese

Karen Mok =1/2 Chinese and 1/4 Welsh, 1/8 Iranian, 1/8 German

Probably because they are not the same mix?

And even people of the same mix look different

ReputationRep:
    I have a half white and half oriental friend, he looks white but you can tell theres something different about him.
    My friends neighbour had a mixed-race child also, the baby had oriental eyes but were blue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    That something I've always wondered. I asked a while back and got flamed for it..
    I haven't noticed a correlation, I just presumed it was random.

ReputationRep:
    I'm no biologist, can anyone explain why the top one has non-brown/black eyes?
    Half Chinese/white people can have hazel or green eyes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Half Chinese/white people can have hazel or green eyes.
    See:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1597176

Considering reporting you for spam, a lot of your posts like the above one are 100% pointless and obvious.

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious.. obviously there will be a mix of both races, but what do they tend to look like? I read that they tend to look very Oriental when they are young but as they grow up they tend to look more White after puberty. Does that have any truth?

Here's a guy whose videos I've watched for ages on YouTube (even though they're awful), he's a White guy in China.

http://www.youtube.com/user/wuxiandi...11/EWYUQsQidRw

I think his kid looks Chinese but Chinese people (who live in China) would say that he looks White, so do we just notice foreign things more easily?
    See posts 46 and 48:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ED+race&page=3

It really depends on the person. Some mixed people look more Western and some look more Chinese. Sometimes even within siblings, one will look more Chinese and one will look more Western.

Looks do change with ageing, but it doesn't necessarily go from looking more Chinese to looking less Chinese, it can be the other way round.

Some half Chinese are very pale, some are tanned, some tan easily, some not so much. Some have big eyes, some have smaller eyes. Some have very dark hair, some have light brown hair. Some have brown eyes, some have green or hazel (I've heard of blue as well). Some are very tall and some are shorter. Some look very Chinese, some look very white. Some have round faces, some have thin faces.

Obviously it depends what the mixed person looks like, but it's not unusual that if they're in Asia, people see them as "white", but if they're in the West people see them as "Chinese".

It also depends on the mix, white could be English, Norwegian or Italian who may have different features. e.g. Jessica Michibata is 1/2 Japanese, 1/2 Spanish/Italian and is quite tanned - but who knows, maybe that's fake tan?

And different Asian mixes will look different e.g. Thai/Chinese/Korean/Japanese/Filipino etc

ReputationRep:
    See:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1597176

Considering reporting you for spam, a lot of your posts like the above one are 100% pointless and obvious.
    Look up recessive and dominant alleles, but there are other confounding factors in genetics. I'm not sure how eye colour is determined but my guess is that one of those diagrams may not explain it.

You threaten to report everything for spam. :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Look up recessive and dominant alleles, but there are other confounding factors in genetics. I'm not sure how eye colour is determined but my guess is that one of those diagrams may not explain it.

You threaten to report everything for spam. :s

ffs, you just quoted the same person (me) 4 times and made 4 different posts. You're a spammer, you don't actually add anything to threads, you just say obvious things like "look up recessive alleles" or "Chinese people can have hazel eyes".

ReputationRep:
    so do we just notice foreign things more easily?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    ffs, you just quoted the same person (me) 4 times and made 4 different posts. You're a spammer, you don't actually add anything to threads, you just say obvious things like "look up recessive alleles" or "Chinese people can have hazel eyes".
    You're entitled to your opinion. I think my long post was more informative and accurate than the first page of this thread. Genetics is not that simple so reading about it would help you understand it.

Mixed race Chinese/white is an area of personal interest so I felt like posting on it. I'm not a spammer.

Why are you so grumpy?

I'm so sorry my posts don't meet your standards. :rolleyes:

If you don't want people to reply to your thread, don't make a thread!

ReputationRep:

There you go. Me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rai)

There you go. Me.
    :coma:

Yay for interracial relationships

They produce the best looking people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johndoranglasgow)
    I once knew a guy who had two chinese parents and thought he wasn't chinese but then I pointed out that two Wongs don't make a White.
    So many reps for this racist comment proves that Caucasians are bare racist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingBro)
    So many reps for this racist comment proves that Caucasians are bare racist!
    Shut up, racist.

ReputationRep:
    I actually know what you are trying to get at, because I myself am mixed-race.
    My mum is british and my dad is indonesian. I was born in indonesia and spent the first 16 years of my life there and I was always labelled as white or simply, a foreigner.
    Since moving here however, I believe most people notice the asian in me first, although that may be due to the fact that my skin colour is sort of a tanned colour because i literally spent 16 years basking in the sunshine in indonesia lol.
    So as you said, people tend to notice the foreign bit first

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.