Turn on thread page Beta

AQA GCSE English Creative writing watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Im in Y.10 and We are going through our third controlled assessment where we have to pick a movie scene and go of on a tangent and describe the rest of the scene. So basically pick a movie scene and creatively write the rest of the scene. I can't think of anything I easily got A* in my Shakespeare which is regarded as the hardest but with this it's doing my head in!! Does any1 have any useful ideas to share please and any tips cos I really want to nail an A* in this one like I did with the Shakespeare. So yeah Ideas and tips and skills to get an A* thanks everyone

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest my ideas to you.
    However, you copying them would account for plagiarism. And THAT I will have you know, can result in you being disqualified from all further examination on the board. Mm hmh.

Anyway, have fun honey!
    Alas, Earwax

ReputationRep:
    I thought plagiarism was like when you copy bits of text and call it yours a simple idea isn't.

ReputationRep:
    Well, actually, you didn't expressly get an A* for your Shakespeare, you got Band 5 - which is completely different. It depends what mark you got really - I got 40/40, but things like 33 might be A rather than A*.

And just write. Honestly, the best way to practice for this is to do similar things and just write about them, maybe posting them on internet forums for critiques and the like.

ReputationRep:
    I know I got an A* as I got 37/40 and sir said that the A* boundary was from 36 and above so yeah

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.