Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

I wanted to ask whether universities accept you, if you retook your AS year?

Can you still get on to a dentistry course at any type of universtiy that does it?

Say if you messed up your first year badly like due to laziness but in your retake year you get 4 A's? Is it possible to get into a university and study dentistry? I know that medicine don't accpet retakes atleast I think, however is this the same case with dentistry?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thriller1983)
    Hey guys.

I wanted to ask whether universities accept you, if you retook your AS year?

Can you still get on to a dentistry course at any type of universtiy that does it?

Say if you messed up your first year badly like due to laziness but in your retake year you get 4 A's? Is it possible to get into a university and study dentistry? I know that medicine don't accpet retakes atleast I think, however is this the same case with dentistry?

Thanks.
    Yeah they usually accept them if you resit within the two A-level years (Yr 12 and 13). When I applied first time I didn't declare my AS grades (just showed my predicted A2) because my school doesn't cash them in, therefore they had no idea what I was on, let alone if I resat any . If you don't get the grades after A-levels and resit, some universities do not consider you at all. (I am in that category and received two offers though so it's possible!) Best thing to do is ring the universities and double check

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woozeybear)
    Yeah they usually accept them if you resit within the two A-level years (Yr 12 and 13). When I applied first time I didn't declare my AS grades (just showed my predicted A2) because my school doesn't cash them in, therefore they had no idea what I was on, let alone if I resat any . If you don't get the grades after A-levels and resit, some universities do not consider you at all. (I am in that category and received two offers though so it's possible!) Best thing to do is ring the universities and double check
    Thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.