Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Really difficult break up- how do I move on? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay so probably one of the most intense relationships of my life has been severed by the simplicity of one text message. My boyfriend of seven months, who I had also been seeing for nine months, albeit on and off, prior to our relationship texted me "i need a wee break". Three weeks later, despite my numerous texts begging him to take me back I have heard nothing. Then, yesterday I watched him walk down the street, arm in arm with another girl. I honestly have never been so upset in my life, Im only seventeen whereas he is twenty one and my first serious relationship. Any ideas on how to move on? Help would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    take time for yourself.. treat yourself to some you time, get pampered, curl up with a good book or dvd and give yourself chance to 'heal' so to speak....

ReputationRep:
    You should have let him take a piss when he needed it! :awesome:

Seriously though, if it's your first intense relationship like you say, give yourself a break and some you time. If during those three weeks you were constantly trying to get him back and heard nothing from him, then find him walking down the street with another girl, the chances are him asking for a break was his way of saying that things have changed for him.

ReputationRep:
    It is difficult, very difficult in the case of your first relationship. In my experience anyway you have days, even weeks of just crying and crying and sleepless nights but this is just the healing process. Once you've cried as much as deemed possible everything will suddenly look brighter and more optimistic.

Distract yourself, surround yourself with mates and ben and jerrys and just have a proper *****. It seems impossible now but things are never as bad as they first seem. Just think, he did you a massive favour because you can find someone who isn't a massive, inconsiderate ********.

You'll be fine. Seems impossible now but you will. Only you can let yourself be happy, don't let the actions of a prat harm that

Hope this helps x

ReputationRep:
    Distract yourself, EG. pampering, reading, volunteer work, whatever. Although breaking up by text is something someone ten years younger than him would do.. I don't mean any offence, but if he broke up with you like that and then jumped straight in with another girl, he's not worth it. *hug* Best of luck, I know it's hard!

ReputationRep:
    Ouch, the way he dumped you was just wrong. Absolutely wrong, I would be totally FURIOUS if someone dumped me like that and I would confront them about it, put them in their place, and storm off in a golden private jet surrounded by beautiful people to show them that I've been incredibly successful without them anyway (disclaimer: you can replace golden jet with bus and beautiful with chavvy).

I agree on crying a lot, you need to let it out of your system and don't be afraid to talk to people about it sometimes. Besides, you date men, not juvenile retards who don't have the balls to dump you face to face.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I couldn't fathom how he was so immature and cowardly in his way of breaking up with me, like come on!! Did I mention he's addicted to meth, jobless, and lives with his parents? Yeah. Although I do have really strong feelings for him and I'm just finding it really difficult to let go

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.