Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As part of an assignment on my psychology course we have been given a month to write a research report. Everyone in my class seems to have some sort of clue about what they want to do, and I can't find anything.

I'm beginning to panic now as we have to present our idea's to our tutor within the next week or so and I have no idea what to do.

I'm just looking for some ideas, or useful sources that could help me with my report? I just feel a bit lost and need a nudge in the right direction.

I can mimic a report from the past, ofcourse. I basically just need a website/book or some names to help me research into past experiments?

Any help will be appreciated,
    Nancy.

ReputationRep:
    Well, what areas of Psychology interest you?

ReputationRep:
    Whoops, totally forgot to put that in there.

I'm hoping to do something surrounding phobia/anxiety

ReputationRep:
    Replicate the Little Albert study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nancy)
    Whoops, totally forgot to put that in there.

I'm hoping to do something surrounding phobia/anxiety
    Try flicking through the latest publications in the clinical psych journals. There will inevitably be some anxiety/phobia papers. Then go through their literature and see if there is something you can replicate or modify.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeylfc1989)
    Replicate the Little Albert study.
    I highly doubt the ethical committee would allow that to go ahead nowadays. Poor kid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeonSkies)
    I highly doubt the ethical committee would allow that to go ahead nowadays. Poor kid
    But history will forget you. It won't forget Little Albert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeylfc1989)
    But history will forget you. It won't forget Little Albert.
    So? I'd rather I wasn't famous and not psychologically damaged tbh.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 5, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.